His previous high against an ACC opponent was 11 against Boston College.
• Freshman Rodney Purvis made three 3-pointers in the game's first five minutes to match his previous career high he set against Miami of Ohio, Penn State and Boston College.
• Richard Howell led all players with 12 rebounds, for his sixth consecutive double-figure rebounding game, including all five ACC contests.
• Howell finished with 11 points and 12 rebounds, his 10thdouble-double of the season and the 23rd of his career. That matches the most double-doubles for a Wolfpack player since Howell's former high school teammate, J.J. Hickson, had 10 in 2007-08, his only season with the Wolfpack.
• Scott Wood continued move up the NC State and ACC career 3-pointer chart with two against Clemson. He is second in program history and 14th on the ACC all-time list with 277. Wood is the conference's active leader.
• Lorenzo Brown and Richard Howell both moved closer to scoring the 1,000 point of their career. Howell now needs five for the milestone, while Brown needs 12.
• With its win over Clemson, the Wolfpack improved to 11-0 at home this season. NC State's home court winning streak is tied for the 16th longest in the nation.
• The victory also improved NC State's record versus Clemson to 98-48 overall and 47-13 at home.
• Over the last two seasons, NC State is now 1-1 when wearing the black uniforms following tonight win over Clemson. The Pack's setback in the alternative attire came last year at Duke, 78-73.
• This was the sixth time in Mark Gottfried's career as a head coach that he has coached a game on his birthday. He coached twice on his birthday while at Murray State and three times during his time at Alabama.
On four of those occasions, Gottfried has been on the road for his birthday, posting a 2-2 mark.
Sunday's game was only the second time he had coached a home game on his birthday. He is now 4-2 in games coached on his birthday.