COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The Texas A&M men's basketball team continues its two-game road trip Wednesday when it travels to Baton Rouge, La., to face LSU in a 7 p.m. contest inside the Maravich Center. Wednesday's game will be televised by the SEC Network.
The Aggies enter the match-up with a 12-5 overall record and a 2-2 mark in SEC games after dropping a hard-fought contest at Alabama on Saturday. Senior Elston Turner led the Aggies in scoring against the Crimson Tide, making 6-of-13 field attempts to finish with 13 points and record a double-digit point total for the 39th time in 49 career games at Texas A&M. Also against Alabama, freshman J'Mychal Reese scored 10 points, reaching double figures for the sixth time this season in back-to-back games for the first time during his young A&M career. On the glass, sophomore Kourtney Roberson led the team in rebounds (eight) for the third time in the last four games as the Aggies out-rebounded their fourth straight opponent.
LSU, meanwhile, brings a 9-6 overall record with a 0-4 mark in SEC games into Wednesday affair. The Tigers began the 2012-13 season with nine wins in 11 games, but have dropped road contests at Auburn and Georgia and home games to Florida and South Carolina to begin league play. The Tigers are led by first-year head coach Johnny Jones, who spent the previous 11 seasons as the head coach at North Texas.
TEXAS A&M-LSU SERIES NOTES
* Wednesday's contest will be the 24th meeting between the Aggies and the Tigers on the hardwood and the first as members of the SEC.
* The series dates back to the 1916-17 season during the early days of each school's men's basketball program ... LSU earned a 24-15 victory.
* The last meeting between the schools came on Dec. 20, 2008, when the Aggies
defeated LSU 72-61 at Houston's Toyota Center.
* A&M head coach Billy Kennedy is 0-2 against LSU having faced them once while at Centenary and once as the head coach at Southeastern Louisiana.
* The series has been dominated by the home team with the Aggies holding a 5-0 record in College Station and the Tigers owning a 7-0 mark in Baton Rouge.