Air Force - FootballFalconAuthority.com
- Bryan Doherty | Falcon Authority10/31/2013
While the postseason will not be a part of their immediate future, the Air Force Falcons will look to finish the year in style and turn around what has been a disappointing season. Bagging a win over a service academy rival will give Troy Calhoun's team a meaningful achievement in 2013. Here are three keys to a successful day against Army and a happy postgame locker room in Colorado Springs:
- Bryan Doherty | Falcon Authority10/28/2013
Air Force won't be going to the postseason, but the Falcons put up a valiant effort for a half against the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. In a game that was a massive challenge coming in, let's look back at how the Falcons fared with respect to the three keys laid out for them.
- Matt Zemek | MidsDaily.com10/27/2013
Feel-good oldies are generally found on your radio dial, but the Navy Midshipmen created them on the gridiron against the Pittsburgh Panthers. A ballsy rally under pressure changed the entire tone and trajectory of a season, improving the chances that the Midshipmen will once again go bowling in December.
- Matt Zemek | MidsDaily.com10/25/2013
Navy once seemed to be assured of making a bowl game, but that position of security has vanished. Air Force used to flex its muscles at home, but that ability hasn't emerged against FBS opponents in 2013. Both the Midshipmen and Falcons must win back a measure of respect... and try to win a football game... this upcoming Saturday.
- Bryan Doherty | Falcon Authority10/24/2013
The Falcons take on the most daunting opponent of their season when the Notre Dame Fighting Irish come to town on Saturday afternoon. With a disappointing season limiting the team's expectations for the rest of the year, Air Force will try to change the mood surrounding the program before its 2013 journey comes to an end.
- Bryan Doherty | Falcon Authority10/14/2013
Just when things seemed as if they could not get any worse, the Falcons suffered perhaps the most gut-wrenching blow of the season on Thursday night versus San Diego State. Let's see how they handled the three keys laid out for them.
- Matt Zemek | InsideArmySports.com10/14/2013
If 88 percent of life is about showing up, the other 12 percent of life is based on showing up at the right time. Army showed up at the right time against Eastern Michigan, while Navy and Air Force weren't able to follow suit in their week-seven contests.
- Matt Zemek | InsideArmySports.com10/09/2013
The Air Force Falcons don't need a sports psychologist, but they do need to accept what - and where - they are as a football team. Acknowledging the negative dimensions of a situation can enable the Falcons to turn the second half of the season into a positive, productive period.
- Bryan Doherty | Falcon Authority10/08/2013
Air Force welcomes San Diego State to Colorado Springs on Thursday night with hopes of stopping a five-game losing skid, an extended slide that has the team's bowl hopes teetering on the edge of impossibility. Can the Falcons solve the Aztecs?
- Bryan Doherty | Falcon Authority10/07/2013
The Falcons were unable to stop their slide in Saturday's loss to Navy, a result that puts Air Force's back firmly against the ropes as the squad goes into the second half of the season hoping to engineer a turnaround.
- Matt Zemek | MidsDaily.com10/07/2013
Air Force's offense appeared ready to set the tone for Saturday's game against Navy, but the Midshipmen proved to be supremely resilient on defense. "The Buddy System," also known as the defense coached by coordinator Buddy Green, carried the Midshipmen past Air Force, leading Navy one step closer to yet another Commander-in-Chief's Trophy.