Lacy Prejean got the Alabama offense going in the bottom of the fifth inning with a single through the right side for the Tide's first base runner of the night.
Dominique Accetturo singled up the middle followed by a Stephanie VanBrakle walk to load the bases. Angela Johnson hit a grounder to second baseman Molly Homer who threw home to force Prejean but the throw was late spotting the Tide a 1-0 lead. Jennifer Reach then hit a hard single down the left field line that scored Leah White, who was running for Accetturo and VanBrakle.
Following a pop out, Jackie Wilkins and Jackie McClain singled scoring Johnson Wilkins and Reach for the 6-0 Bama lead.
VanBrakle (6-3) picked up the win in relief for Bama going three innings allowing only one hit while striking out four batters.
Jennifer Wright got into trouble early on giving up a single and a walk putting runners on first and second with one out in the top of the first inning. Erin Flater singled and Jenny Boyd, who was at second, tried to score on the play leftfielder Angela Johnson came up firing and threw her out at the plate for the second out in the inning. Wright struck out the next batter to get out of the inning without any damage.
Alabama will return to conference play on Saturday when the Tide hosts the Kentucky Wildcats in a doubleheader beginning at 1 p.m.
- Alabama upped its all-time record against Troy State to 7-0.
- The 6-0 score was the largest margin of victory in the series to date.
- Staci Ramsey's 10-game hitting streak was snapped.
- Angela Johnson's seven-game hitting streak was snapped.
- Jennifer Reach now has the longest hitting streak on the team at five.
- Capper Reed got her first plate appearance of the season and popped out to second.