Weekend scheduleFri, March 21 Alabama at Florida 6:30 p.m. (ET) WACT (1420 AM)
Sat, March 22 Alabama at Florida 4:07 p.m. (ET) CTSN (WRTR, 105.5 FM & WJOX (690 AM), Sunshine Network (TV)
Sun, March 23 Alabama at Florida 12:07 p.m. (ET) CTSN (WRTR, 105.5 FM & WJOX (690 AM), Sunshine Network (TV)
RADIO: The games will be aired locally on WRTR-FM (105.5) or WACT-AM (1420) in Tuscaloosa. David Crane and Chris Stewart will call the action. In Birmingham, the Florida series will be aired on WJOX (690 AM) this weekend.
INTERNET BROADCAST: Live stats (home games only) and audio broadcasts can be found at www.rolltide.com
Starting pitching rotation, AL/UF (Fri, Sat, Sun)#40 Taylor Tankersley L-L 5 GS, 3-0, 2.20 ERA Second in the SEC with 45 strikeouts
#23 Connor Faleknbach R-R 6 G, 5 GS, 2-1, 6.52 ERA No walks in 19.1 innings this year
#39 Brent Carter L-L 6 G, 5 GS, 4-1, 1.41 ERA Leads UA with two CGs; 5 ER in last 34 IP
#21 Justin Hoyman R-R 6 GS, 3-1, 3.27 ERA No home runs allowed in 33 IP
#9 Jeffrey Norris L-L 5 GS, 2-1, 5.23 ERA Faced only five batters in last start (4 H, 4 ER)
#44 Bryan Ball R-R 7 G, 2 GS, 2-1, 4.82 ERA First SEC start last week at LSU (Mar. 16)
Alabama/Florida seriesIn a series that dates back to the 1920 season, Alabama holds a 46-31 (.597) lead over Florida.
- Prior to last year, UA and UF had not met since 1999.
- Alabama won five of the six meetings with Florida last season, including a three-game regular season series sweep in Tuscaloosa.
- UA also won two of three meetings with the Gators at the SEC Tournament.
- Florida's 7-4 win in the SEC Tourney (May 25) snapped UA's 12-game series winning streak, dating back to 1997.
- In the last 19 meetings with Florida, UA has a 17-2 (.895) record.
- UA and UF will meet in Gainesville this season for the first time since Alabama recorded a three-game sweep of Florida to close out the 1999 regular season at McKethan Stadium.
- The Crimson Tide has also won the last six regular-season series with the Gators for the first time since the 1940s.
- Florida assistant coach and third base coach John Cohen is a native of Tuscaloosa, Ala., where he played for coach Don McNabb at Tuscaloosa Academy. His father, Harry Cohen, is a retired Professor of Law at the UA School of Law.
- Florida sophomore first baseman C.J. Smith, is the son of former Alabama Athletic Trainer Chris Smith. Smith worked football at Alabama from under Ray Perkins from 1983-86. When Perkins left Alabama for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Smith followed to the NFL, where he worked the Bucs for 13 years.
UA-UF Series Fileat Tuscaloosa: Alabama leads, 21-11
at Gainesville: Florida leads, 17-16
Neutral Sites: Alabama leads, 8-3
Jim Wells vs. Florida: 22-4 (.846)
Pat McMahon vs. Alabama: 6-15 (.286)
UA Longest Win Streak: 12 (1997-2002)
UF Win Streak: 5 (1991-94)
Alabama/Florida, by the numbersTwo of the league's top two offenses square off this weekend in Gainesville, as No. 21 Florida hosts No. 14 Alabama in a three-game SEC baseball series.
- Alabama has won nine straight games following Wednesday's night's game at Samford. Since Feb. 23, Alabama is 14-1 (.933) in its last 15 games.
- Alabama ranks near the top of the SEC in a number of batting and pitching categories. For instance, the Crimson Tide leads the SEC in slugging percentage, on-base percentage, triples and hit by pitch.
- Florida leads virtually every offensive category in the league, including average, runs scored, hits, doubles, home runs and RBI.
- Florida and Alabama are 1-2 in the league in slugging percentage, on-base percentage, runs scored, doubles, home runs and RBI.
- Florida (27) and Alabama (25) are the only two SEC teams with more than 20 home runs.
- Five UA and UF hitters rank in the top 12 in the league in batting average.
SEC Slugging Percentage Leaders (March 17)Alabama and Florida have the SEC's Top 5 leader in slugging percentage entering this week.
Beau Hearod, UA .939
Adam Pavkovich, UA .838
C.J. Smith, UF .764
Ben Harrison, UF .699
Al Hecklinski, UF .644
SEC Runs Scored Leaders (March 17)Alabama and Florida have the SEC's Top 6 leaders in runs scored this season.
Brett Dowdy, UF 32
Jonathan Tucker, UF 29
Adam Pavkovich, UA 27
Ben Harrison, UF 25
Beau Hearod, UA 23
C.J. Smith, UF 22
SEC RBI Leaders (March 17)Alabama and Florida have also produced five of the league's Top 6 RBI leaders this season.
Beau Hearod, UA 35
Ben Harrison, UF 32
C.J. Smith, UF 28
Mario Garza, UF 25
Adam Pavkovich, UA 24
Bobby Huddleston, AU 22
Brett Dowdy, UF 21
SEC Home Runs (March 17)Florida's C.J. Smith (8) and Alabama's Beau Hearod (7) rank 1-2 in the SEC this week in home runs. Alabama and Florida have five of the league's Top 6 home run hitters as of March 17th.
C.J. Smith, UF 8
Beau Hearod, UA 7
Adam Pavkovich, UA 6
Bobby Huddletson, AU 6
Ben Harrison, UF 5
Allen Rice, UA 4
Alabama/Florida Stats (through March 17)
BAMA FLORIDA Record 16-3 15-5-1 OFFENSE: Batting Avg .318 .339 Runs Scored 182 218 Hits 204 259 Doubles 51 65 Triples 10 3 Home Runs 25 27 RBI 159 194 Base on Balls 93 95 Strikeouts 122 134 Hit By Pitch 42 38 Stolen Bases 27-34 33-39 PITCHING: ERA 2.38 4.62 Innings Pitched 170.0 189.0 Hits Allowed 152 217 Runs Allowed 67 112 ER Allowed 45 97 Base on Balls 40 52 Strikeouts 166 151 DEFENSE: Chances 739 842 Errors 21 32 Fielding Pct. .957 .975 Double Plays 11 16