Alabama's Overall Record: 20-7
Alabama's SEC Record: 5-4
Last Week's Results: 2-2 (.500)March 26 Alabama 15, UAB 8 (Away)
March 28 Alabama 4, LSU 2 (Home)
March 29 LSU 10, Alabama 6 (Home)
March 30 LSU 11, Alabama 10 (Home)
This Week's Schedule:Wed, April 2 West Alabama (6:30 PM)
Fri, April 4 at Auburn (6:30 PM)
Sat, April 5 at Auburn (3 PM)
Sun, April 6 at Auburn (1:30 PM) (CSS)
- Alabama lost two out of three to LSU (W 4-2, L 10-6, L 11-10) this weekend at Sewell-Thomas Stadium and has now dropped four straight series with the Tigers, dating back to 2000. Overall, LSU has won 12 of the last 14 games with Alabama.
- The Crimson Tide trailed 11-2 in the sixth inning on Sunday and almost pulled off the miracle comeback. UA scored four runs in the seventh and four in the ninth inning. Bama loaded the bases with one out and had the winning run at second base, but made the final two outs on four pitches to suffer the loss.
- The loss snapped Alabama's 42-game winning streak when scoring 10 or more runs, dating back to an 18-12 loss to LSU in the 2000 SEC Tournament at Hoover.
- In Saturday's loss, UA left 14 men on base and stranded the bases loaded two times and hit into an inning-ending double play with the bases loaded in the sixth inning.
- Alabama has lost back-to-back SEC series for the first time since losing three straight series at Tennessee, at Auburn and home against LSU in 2001.
- Junior shortstop Adam Pavkovich had the best week at the plate for Alabama last week, batting .529 (9-for-17) with seven runs scored and five RBI.
- Senior right-fielder Travis Garner batted .444 (8-for-18) last week with seven runs scored and three RBI. He hit safely in all four games to extend his career best hitting streak to 17 consecutive games, the longest by an Alabama player since 2001.
- Alabama has four games this week to extend its streak to seven consecutive games with Tigers. Coming off a three-game set with the LSU Tigers, the Crimson Tide will face the West Alabama Tigers (April 2) and Auburn Tigers (April 4-6) this week.
- Earlier this year, Alabama played five straight games against teams nicknamed Bulldogs, playing La. Tech (Mar. 12), Georgia (March 14-16) and Samford (Mar. 19) in consecutive games.
- Alabama plays West Alabama on Wednesday for the first time since April 18, 2001.
- The Crimson Tide travels to Auburn this weekend for a three-game series on the Plains. The home team has won eight straight games in the series and 13 of the last 16 games, dating back to the 1998 season.
- On the flip side, the home team has not won a football game in this series since 1998.
2003 Tide Hitting StreaksTravis Garner 17 (still active)
Zac Welch 15
Adam Pavkovich 12