Here is a look of some that attended and how they faired. NOTE: We'll be doing some individual stories based on some of the players that attended over the next few days as well.
Markus Manson RB Tuscaloosa, AL - Hillcrest
We weren't able to get an up to date size on this standout running back, but we did get to see him display his speed in the forty. He impressed everyone in attendance by blistering the wet grass for a 4.37 time. His body is well proportioned and Manson had coaches shaking their heads the entire day.
Cody Davis OT 6-7 270 5.28 Tuscaloosa, AL - Hillcrest
After having a disappointing day a year ago at the Nike Camp in Tuscaloosa, Cody worked hard and showed a noticeable improvement in every category. His biggest jump was in the speed category where he clocked a 5.28 forty as opposed to a 5.67 a year ago. Davis has added extra bulk and is also raising his strength in all lifts. Cody indicated that he will be going over to visit with Coach Shula soon and he was excited about the meeting. Since Coach Kasey Dunn had already visited the Hillcrest campus before Mike Shula took over, Davis will visit Shula on the Alabama campus himself.
Travis Robinson CB Tuscaloosa, AL - Hillcrest
A true cover corner who had a stellar junior year and is looking forward to his senior campaign, Robinson showed 4.4 speed on more than one occasion, In fact one coach apparently had a slow finger on the take off and registered a 4.22 time. The times brought several smiles to Robinson's face. Now he can brag that he out ran his teammate, Markus Manson.
Three of most impressive defensive lineman there included Demonte Bolden and Greg Smith from Tyner High School in Chattanoga, Tennessee, plus Eric McClendon from Vidalia High School in Vidalia, Georgia.
Bolden and Smith have offers as a tandem from several schools, but they would like to see Alabama send Coach Wyatt up to Tyner. They both have interest in Alabama. McClendon has about 20 offers already and he is open to Alabama as well.
Some others who attended the camp that have listed Alabama among their schools include:
- Alex Mortensen QB Fairburn, GA - Landmark Christian
- Blake Barnes QB Baldwyn, MS - Baldwyn
- Jordi Lindsey LB Mobile, AL - Davidson
- Dusty Lindsey LB Mobile, AL - Davidson
- Jonathan Lyons OG Mobile, AL - McGill Toolen
- Jason Bosley OG Huntsville, AL - Grissom
- Al Jefferson OG Mobile, AL - Davidson
- Andrew Jones LB Adamsville, AL - Minor
- Tyrone King CB Adamsville, AL - Minor
- Darius McClure ATH Adamsville, AL - Minor
- T. J. Slaughter RB Adamsville, AL - Minor
- Jebron Manson LB Tuscaloosa, AL - Hillcrest
- Kris Guyton LB Tuscaloosa, AL - Hillcrest
- Kendrick Davis CB Tuscaloosa, AL - Hillcrest
- Brandon Thornton RB Birmingham, AL - Homewood
- Josh Smyth FB Birmingham, AL - Hoover
- B.T. Hartloge FS Birmingham, AL - Hoover
- Michael Edmiston ATH Fayetteville, TN - Lincoln County
- Xavier Mitchell DE Long Beach, MS - Long Beach
- Adam Thrash QB Little Rock, AR - Pulaski Academy
- Lance Lee OT Oxford, MS - Oxford
NOTE: Over the next few days, check back at BamaMag.com for some individual stories on athletes that attended Sunday's camp.