Bama's Overall Record: 2-1
Bama's Record Last Week: 2-1
Last Week's ResultsFeb 13 Alabama 4, New Orleans 1
Feb 14 New Orleans 2, Alabama 1
Feb 15 Alabama 12, New Orleans 11
This Week's ScheduleWednesday, Feb 18 at Jax State (6:30 PM)
Friday, Feb 20 Cincinnati (6:30 PM)
Saturday, Feb 21 Cincinnati (4 PM)
Sunday, Feb 22 Cincinnati (2 PM)
Player of the Week: Allen Rice3B (Jr., Helena, Ala)
Stats: 3 GS, .583 (7-for-12), 3 R, HR, 6 RBI, .833 Slug, 2 BB
- Led Alabama to series win over UNO
- Scored winning run in Sunday's zany comeback, racing home from second base on teammate Zac Welch's hard hit infield grounder to second base
- Collected four hits and four RBI in series finale as Alabama won its 26th consecutive non-conference home series under coach Jim Wells
- The four hits were a career high for the junior
- Also smashed two-run home run in the season opener as UA posted a 4-1 win
- Rice hit safely in all three games for the Crimson Tide
Crimson Tide Notebook
- Alabama used 13 first-time players in the three-game series with UNO, including transfers Matt Downs (RHP), Matt Grooms (CF), Mark Haske (SS), T.J. Large (RHP), Nick Richardson (C), Rocky Scelfo (2B), Aaron Tennyson (PR) and Andrew Walker, and true freshmen Brandon Belcher (LHP), Wade LeBlanc (LHP), Michael McCallister (RF), Greg Paiml (SS) and Emeel Salem (OF).
- Scelfo batted .273 (3-for-11) in the weekend series and hit safely in each of the Crimson Tide's first two games. He drove in the first run of the 2004 season with an RBI double in the second inning in the 4-1 season opening win over UNO.
- LeBlanc was solid in the mound in first career start despite UA's 2-1 loss on Saturday. The lefty worked 7 1/3 innings in his debut and allowed one run and three singles. He walked one and added 11 strikeouts in his rain-soaked debut.
- Senior designated hitter Carlos Sosa returned to the UA lineup in the season opener after a 20-month with a torn ACL. Sosa collected two hits in his first game back in the Tide lineup, including a solo home run in a three-run, third-inning as UA posted a 4-1 win. For the weekend, Sosa batted .500 (4-for-8) with one home run and five RBI. He also walked five times and has a .714 on-base percentgae in the first three games.
- Alabama's 4-1 win on opening night was the school's 11th straight opening day win. The Crimson Tide has also won 11 straight home openers, dating back to 1994.