The pitching staff is 6-0 with two saves and 1.83 ERA in those six games. In 54 innings, the staff has allowed 42 hits, 11 runs, 11 earned runs, 12 walks and 42 strikeouts.
UA opponents are batting just .215 (42-for-195) in those six games.
Bama's Overall Record: 8-2 (.800); Bama is working on a six-game wining streak
Bama's Record Last Week: 3-0 (1.000)Feb. 25 vs. Centenary, PPD RAIN (Rescheduled May 12)
Feb. 27 Alabama 13, SE Louisiana 3
Feb. 28 Alabama 6, SE Louisiana 1
Feb. 29 Alabama 8, SE Louisiana 2
Bama's Schedule This WeekMar. 3 vs. UAB (6:30 PM)
Mar. 5 vs. Louisiana Tech (5 PM) (Gent Classic, Shreveport)
Mar. 6 at Centenary (8 PM) (Gent Classic, Shreveport)
Mar. 7 vs. Kansas State (Noon) (Gent Classic, Shreveport)
Player of the Week Nominee: 3B Allen Rice(Jr., Helena, Alabama)
3 G, .461 (6-for-13), 4 R, 4 RBI, 2 BB, 3-3 SB
- Hit safely in all three games vs. SE Louisiana to extend hitting streak to 10 games
- Recorded three hits and one RBI in series opener as the Tide posted a 13-3 win. The 13 runs scored by UA were the most this season, while the 12 RBI matched the season high.
- Picked up two more hits and three RBI in the Crimson Tide's 6-1 win in game two of series.
- Reached base three times, including eighth inning single, in UA's sweep-clinching win in game three
- Rice has hit safely in all 10 games this season and is batting .512 (21-for-41) with 11 runs scored, three doubles, one home run and 10 RBI. He has also added five walks, four stolen bases and seven multi-hit games.
Pitcher of the Week Nominee: LHP Wade LeBlanc(Fr., Lake Charles, La.)
1 GS, 1-0, 0.63 ERA, 7 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- Picked up his second straight win with seven solid innings against SE Louisiana (Feb. 28)
- The lefty retired the first nine batters he faced and no-hit the Lions for 5 1/3 innings.
- LeBlanc also shutout the SLU through the first six innings in the win
- For the season, LeBlanc is 2-1 with a 1.68 ERA in three starts for the Tide.
Alabama Hitting Notes
- As a team, Alabama is batting .297 (99-for-333) with nine home runs and 53 RBI in 10 games.
- Alabama is averaging 6.8 runs and 9.9 hits per game this season
- The Crimson Tide also has 22 doubles this season, including at least one in all 10 games
Alabama Pitching Notes
- As a team, Alabama is 8-2 on the mound with three saves and a 2.53 ERA
- The staff has worked 89 innings and allowed 66 hits, 29 runs, 35 earned runs, 24 walks and 81 strikeouts in 10 games
- Opponents are batting just .206 (66-for-321) against the Tide this year
- The UA pitching staff has allowed three runs or less in eight of 10 games this season
Alabama Fielding Notes
- The Crimson Tide has made only eight errors in 10 games this season and is fielding at a .978 clip
- Alabama has also turned eight double plays
- Alabama made only one error in the three-game series with SE Louisiana
- The Crimson Tide has played four errorless games this season, including two against SE Louisiana over the weekend
Alabama Baseball Notebook
- The Alabama bullpen is 3-2 with three saves and 2.86 ERA this season. The relievers have worked 34.2 innings and allowed 24 hits, 14 run, 11 earned runs, 11 walks and 35 strikeouts. Opponents are batting just .200 (24-for-120) against the Tide bullpen.
- The bullpen three 11 1/3 scoreless innings in three games against SE Louisiana this past weekend. In those three games, the pen allowed only five hits and struck out eight SLU batters.
- In addition, the bullpen has stranded 10 of its last 11 inherited runners over the last four games.
- Junior 3B Allen Rice has hit safely in all 10 games this season and is batting .512 (21-for-41) with 11 runs scored, three doubles, one home run and 10 RBI. He has also added five walks, four stolen bases and seven multi hit games.
- Freshman OF Brandon Belcher recorded two hits and two RBI, including his first career home run, in the Crimson Tide's 8-2 win over SE Louisiana on Feb. 29.
- Junior CF Matt Grooms is riding a three-game hitting streak. After starting the season 0-for-14, Grooms batted .429 (6-for-14) in the SE Louisiana series with five RBI.
- Senior DH Carlos Sosa matched his career high with three hits in the Tide's 8-2 win over SE Louisiana on Feb. 29.
- Senior RHP Seth Johnson has not allowed an earned run in 13.2 innings this season. In six games, he has recorded two saves.
- Alabama has outscored the opposition 36-7 in the first four innings this season.
- Alabama has allowed only 11 runs in the last six games (1.83 per game).
- Alabama pinch hitters are 0-for-8 this season.
- Alabama pitchers walked only two batters in the SE Louisiana series.
- The Crimson Tide has not allowed an unearned run in the last seven games.
- Alabama has hit only one home run in the last four games. The Crimson Tide has allowed only one home run in the last six games.
- Seven of UA's nine home runs this season have been solo home runs.
- All nine home runs this season have come with one out or less.