Designed to raise funds for the Tuscaloosa County Alumni Association Scholarship Fund, the event will present an opportunity for Tide fans to enjoy a weekend of coaching by Tide Head Coach Dennis Franchione and his staff.
Scheduled for July 26-27, the two-day event will cost $1,000 and feature an entire weekend full of activities, including mementos of the experience. Tide officials advise those interested to register early, because group size is limited.
"The tremendous response from Football 101 sparked the interest in something exclusively for men," said Butch Henry, director of Crimson Tide Sports Marketing. "We are confident that, like the clinic for women, this fantasy weekend will provide an abundance of interesting and informative experiences."
Similar fantasy weekends have been successful at other college schools, and Henry said the initial response from Tide fans to the idea has been enthusiastic.
The Fantasy Weekend will feature:
- A weekend of football with Coach Fran and the Alabama Football Staff… Get to know them on a personal basis.
- Learn the terminology, plays, formations, and drills that have allowed Coach Fran, his staff, and football team to build a solid foundation to continue and enhance the great Alabama tradition.
- Lectures on the Alabama Offense, Defense, Special Teams, Strength Program, Recruiting and other features.
- Weekend includes social hour Friday upon arrival, all meals (buffet style) and beverages, hotel accommodations, all clinic sessions including video and handouts on philosophy, scheme, skills, and drills.
- In-depth scouting report on the upcoming season.
- Picture of you and the Alabama staff.
- An opportunity to run through the tunnel and see yourself on the Jumbotron at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
- Special gifts including Kick-Off weekend playbook, personal travel bag, shirts, shorts, clinic video, etc.
- Special guest speaker prognosticating College Football and the 2002 season.
$1,000 a person.
Contact Jennifer Vines at Crimson Tide Sports Marketing, 205-752-7281 Ext 6, Ext 7.
Tentative schedule, Friday, July 26, 2002
3:30-5:30 p.m., Registration and Check-in at the hotel
6:00-6:45 p.m., Social hour with coaches and staff
6:45-7:45 p.m., Buffet Dinner
7:45-8:00 p.m., Welcome
8:00-10:10 p.m., Defensive Staff Lectures
4. Drill Videos
5. Highlight Tape
10:10-Until, Social hour, Highlight tape –Victory on the Plains II
Tentative schedule, Saturday, July 27, 2002
7:30-9:00 a.m., Breakfast Buffet (Late Check-In)
9:00-10:40 a.m., Offensive Staff Lectures
4. Drill Videos
5. Highlight Tape
10:40-11:10 a.m., Alabama Kicking Game
11:10-11:15 a.m., Go to Stadium (Trolley Cars)
11:15-12:30 p.m., Introduction and Run Out of Tunnel; Jumbotron Video
12:45-1:30 p.m., Lunch Buffet
1:30-2:15 p.m., College Football Predictions and Review 2002, (Guest Speaker T.B.A.)
2:15-2:45 p.m., Recruiting
3. Highlight on 2001 signees
2:45-3:30 p.m., Strength Program
3. Give each participant a base strength program
4. Video of our program and Night of Champions
3:30-3:40 p.m., Break
3:40-4:20 p.m., Coach Fran Alabama Football and Closing
4:30-5:30 p.m., Deli Dinner
* Handout picture and video of clinic presentation
For more information call:
Jennifer Vines at 205-752-7281 Ext. 6, Ext. 7