"I still haven't talked to any of the Alabama coaches since I have received the offer. I plan to talk to them very soon. Right now I am not making plans to go ahead and commit."
Gibson stated in a recent interview he would likely commit to Alabama if a scholarship offer was extended.
When asked, "I am really not sure about making the early commitment now," Gibson replied. "I want to sit down with coach [Terry] Curtis to talk about it. I am going to ask him what he thinks the best decision would be. Alabama is by far my overall favorite."
Gibson is receiving invitations to several spring games, but said, "I haven't really thought about attending anywhere else. I have received a few invitations from Florida and UCLA, but I am not sure on the dates."
Gibson will return to Tuscaloosa April 29 to participate in the Scout.com All-American combine.