SEC September 28 schedule
ALABAMA (3-1) at ARKANSAS (2-0)
6:45 p.m. (C) Fayetteville, Ark. * ESPN * Reynolds Razorback Stadium (72,000)
Series: Alabama leads, 8-4
Last meeting: Alabama, 31-10 (9/22/2001 at Tuscaloosa)
MISSISSIPPI STATE (1-2) at LSU (2-1)
11:30 a.m. (C) Baton Rouge, La. * JP Sports * Tiger Stadium (91,600)
Series: LSU leads, 59-33-3
Last meeting: LSU, 42-0 (10/20/2001 at Starkville)
NEW MEXICO STATE (1-2) at GEORGIA (3-0)
1 p.m. (E) Athens, Ga. * Sanford Stadium (86,520)
Series: UGA leads, 2-0
Last meeting: UGA, 37-0 (9/23/2000 at Athens)
KENTUCKY (4-0) at FLORIDA (3-1)
3:30 p.m. (E) Gainesville, Fla. * CBS Sports * Ben Hill Griffin Stadium at Florida Field (83,000)
Series: UF leads, 35-17
Last meeting: UF, 44-10 (9/22/2001 at Lexington)
SOUTH CAROLINA (2-2) at VANDERBILT (1-3)
6 p.m. (C) Nashville, Tenn. * Vanderbilt Stadium (41,221)
Series: USC leads, 9-2
Last meeting: USC, 46-14 (10/20/01 at Columbia)
RUTGERS (1-3) at TENNESSEE (2-1)
7 p.m. (E) Knoxville, Tenn. * Neyland Stadium (104,079)
Series: UT leads, 2-1
Last meeting: UT, 40-0 (11/2/85 at Knoxville)
SYRACUSE (1-2) at AUBURN (3-1)
8 p.m. (C) Auburn, Ala. * ESPN2 * Jordan-Hare Stadium (86,063)
Series: SU leads, 1-0-1
Last meeting: SU, 31-14 (9/22/2001 at Syracuse)
OPEN: Ole Miss (3-1)
Scores from last week's games
Alabama 20, Southern Miss 7
Tide defense holds USM to 35 rushing yards and no TDs
Auburn 42, Miss. State 14 (Thur., Sept. 19)
Cobb passes for three TDs; Williams runs for two more
Ole Miss 45, Vanderbilt 38
Two teams account for 957 offensive yards; Manning throws for 386
Georgia 45, Northwestern State 7
Greene throws for 346 yards and 4 TDs
Kentucky 44, Middle Tennessee 22
Pinner rushes for 163 yards and 3 scores; Lorenzen throws for 3 TDs
Florida 30, Tennessee 13
Gators score 24 points in five-minute second-quarter stretch
South Carolina 42, Temple 21
Jenkins throws for 2 scores; runs for 2 more
ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE (3-1, 0-0 SEC)
Head Coach: Dennis Franchione (Pittsburg State, '73)
Record at Alabama: 10-6 (.625) / 2nd season
Overall Record: 148-71-2 (.674) / 20th season
- Alabama's defense held its third straight opponent to under 100 yards rushing (Southern Miss, 35; North Texas, 50; Oklahoma, -23) ...
- Alabama has scored on its opening possession in all four games this season ...
- Jr. RB Shaud Williams rushed for 135 yards on 21 carries against USM, his highest total at Alabama ...
- Sr. QB Tyler Watts suffered a sprained foot on Alabama's opening possession against USM and did not return to the game.
ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS (2-0, 0-0 SEC)
Head Coach: Houston Nutt (Oklahoma State, '81)
Record at Arkansas: 32-18 (.640) / 5th season
Overall Record: 67-41 (.620) / 10th season
- The Razorbacks are 6-2 in regular season games after open dates under Houston Nutt ...
- PK Brennan O'Donohoe is a perfect 13-for-13 on kicks this season (11-11 in PATs; 2-2 FGs) ...
- O'Donohoe is 60-for-61 in his career in PATs ...
- Arkansas leads the nation in rushing defense (37.5 yards per game) and scoring defense (8.5 points per game) ...
- Under Nutt, the Razorbacks are 9-1 in the first two games of a season, outscoring opponents 328-111.
AUBURN TIGERS (3-1, 2-0 SEC)
Head Coach: Tommy Tuberville (So. Arkansas, '76)
Record at Auburn: 24-16 (.600) / 4th season
Overall Record: 49-36 (.576) / 8th season
- Auburn has forced 16 turnovers this season and has a +11 turnover margin this season, second in the nation ...
- Auburn has intercepted a pass in six straight games, dating back to last season ...
- True freshmen RT Marcus McNeill (Miss. State) and LG Troy Reddick (W. Carolina) have started games this season ...
- RB Carnell Williams rushed for 106 yards and 2 TDs against Miss. State ...
- It is Williams' fourth career 100+ yard game and his third 2+ TD game this season.
FLORIDA GATORS (3-1, 1-0 SEC)
Head Coach: Ron Zook (Miami, Ohio, '76)
Record at Florida: 3-1 (.750) / 1st season
Overall Record: 3-1 (.750) / 1st season
- Ron Zook became the first first-year Gator coach to beat a Top-5 team on the road when Florida defeated Tennessee, 30-13 ...
- Sr. WR Taylor Jacobs leads the SEC with 24 receptions for 466 yards this season ...
- His 4 TD catches is also tied for the league lead ...
- PK Matt Leach had a career-long 41-yard FG against Tennessee ...
- Through four games, the Gator defense has not allowed a first-quarter touchdown.
GEORGIA BULLDOGS (3-0, 1-0 SEC)
Head Coach: Mark Richt (Miami, Fla., '82)
Record at Georgia: 11-4 (.733) / 2nd season
Overall Record: 11-4 (.733) / 2nd season
- Sr. QB Cory Phillips has moved up to second on the depth chart following an injury to D.J. Shockley ...
- Shockley suffered a broken left foot against South Carolina and will be out for 3-5 weeks...
- Georgia is 3-0 for the first time since 1999 and the third time in the last six seasons ...
- QB David Greene's four passing TDs vs. Northwestern State is a career-high and his 346 passing yards is second in his career, behind his 364 yards against Kentucky.
KENTUCKY WILDCATS (4-0, 0-0 SEC)
Head Coach: Guy Morriss (Texas Christian, '73)
Record at Kentucky: 6-9 (.400) / 2nd season
Overall Record: 6-9 (.400) / 2nd season
- The Wildcats are 4-0 for the first time since 1984 and only the third time since 1950 ...
- Kentucky has scored at least 10 points in the first quarter in every game this season ...
- UK has not lost a fumble in three of four games this season and have only had three turnovers this season ...
- RB Artose Pinner rushed for 163 yards on 24 carries and has three straight 100+ rushing yardage games ...
- Pinner has scored a TD in every game this season.
LSU TIGERS (2-1, 0-0 SEC)
Head Coach: Nick Saban (Kent State, '73)
Record at LSU: 20-8 (.714) / 3rd season
Overall Record: 63-34-1 (.648) / 9th season
- The Tigers are fourth in the nation in total defense (230.3 yards per game) and third in passing defense (121.3 yards per game) ...
- LSU will be looking to win its conference opener for the first time since 1998 (def. Auburn, 31-19) ...
- LSU is 2-2 in games after open dates under Nick Saban ...
- LSU had a string of 12 straight games with at least one rushing TD end against Miami (Ohio) ...
- RB Domanick Davis has had eight straight games of 100+ all-purpose rushing yards.
OLE MISS REBELS (3-1, 1-0 SEC)
Head Coach: David Cutcliffe (Alabama, '76)
Record at Ole Miss: 26-14 (.650) / 4th season
Overall Record: 26-14 (.650) / 4th season
- Eli Manning became the first QB in Ole Miss history to throw for more than 300 yards in consecutive games ...
- He threw for 386 yards against Vanderbilt after throwing for 374 vs. Texas Tech ...
- The Rebels' win over Vanderbilt was their first SEC opening victory since 1992 (def. Auburn, 45-21) ...
- Ole Miss is off to a 3-1 start for the seventh straight season ...
- TE Doug Zeigler suffered a broken leg against Vanderbilt and could be lost for the season.
MISSISSIPPI STATE BULLDOGS (1-2, 0-1 SEC)
Head Coach: Jackie Sherrill (Alabama, '66)
Record at Miss. State: 71-58-2 (.550) / 12th season
Overall Record: 176-103-4 (.629) / 25th season
- Miss. State suffered six turnovers against Auburn, the most by the Bulldogs since 1999 (vs. Ole Miss) ...
- TB Dontae Walker is now 11th in career rushing at MSU with 1,814 yards ...
- He is also tied for fifth place at State with 21 career rushing TDs ...
- SE Ray Ray Bivines had a career-high four catches against Auburn ...
- The attendance of 52,583 at the State-Auburn game is a school record at Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field.
SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS (2-2, 0-1 SEC)
Head Coach: Lou Holtz (Kent State, '59)
Record at South Carolina: 19-20 (.487) / 4th season
Overall Record: 235-115-7 (.668) / 31st season
- The USC defense had two interceptions against Temple, equaling the Gamecocks total in the first three games of the season ...
- Touchdowns scored by Daccus Turman and Troy Williamson against Temple marked the first time Carolina has had touchdowns by two true freshmen in a game since 1991 (Brandon Bennett, Terry Wilburn vs. Virginia Tech) ...
- Sr. QB Corey Jenkins had two rushing TDs and 2 passing TDs against Temple.
TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS (2-1, 0-1 SEC)
Head Coach: Phillip Fulmer (Tennessee, '72)
Record at Tennessee: 97-21 (.822) / 11th season
Overall Record: 97-21 (.822) / 11th season
- WR Kelley Washington made his first appearance of the season and caught seven passes for 102 yards against Florida ...
- It was Washington's fourth-career 100+ receiving yardage game ...
- The Vols had eight fumbles against Florida, losing three ...
- The eight fumbles tied a school record ...
- PK Alex Walls consecutive PAT streak of 91 ended against Florida ...
- QB Casey Clausen completed 30-of-44 passes for 285 yards and a TD vs. the Gators.
VANDERBILT COMMODORES (1-3, 0-2 SEC)
Head Coach: Bobby Johnson (Clemson, '73)
Record at Vanderilt: 1-3 (.250) / 1st season
Overall Record: 61-39 (.610) / 9th season
- Vanderbilt's 38 points against Ole Miss was the most by the Commodores in an SEC game since 1994 vs. Georgia (W, 43-30) ...
- VU RBs Kwane Doster and Norval McKenzie had 101 rushing yards each - the first time it has happened at Vanderbilt in an SEC game since 1994 (vs. Georgia) ...
- For the third game in a row, freshman QB Jay Cutler had a career-high 11 pass completions ...
- Doster's 344 all-purpose yards against Ole Miss is third-highest in SEC history.