Taking a look at how the current Crimson Tide roster has fared statistically against the Commodores.
- Strong safety Waine Bacon made his first career start last year against Vanderbilt. He finished the game with four tackles and one pass breakup.
- Rover Brooks Daniels recorded 12 tackles in last year's win at Vanderbilt, his first career double-digit tackle game.
- Senior tailback Ahmaad Galloway was lost for the season with torn ACL and MCL in the Crimson Tide's win over Southern Miss on Sept. 21, 2002. The loss was a big blow to the Crimson Tide offense and will be magnified this weekend as some of his better career games against the Commodores.
- In two career games, Galloway averaged 163 yards per game, including a career-high 172 yards and one TD in a 28-10 win at Legion Field in 2000.
- In the 2000 win, Galloway ran 13 times for 172 yards, including a career-long 79 yard TD run on the second play from scrimmage for the Crimson Tide.
- Antwan Odom recorded two tackles in last year's game at Vanderbilt before suffering a season-ending injury. Odom was granted a medical redshirt and including this season has three years to play for the Crimson Tide.
- Tight end Theo Sanders made his first career start and hauled in his first career reception in last year's win at Vanderbilt. Sanders' 26-yard reception in the fourth quarter set up the Crimson Tide's game-winning FG in a 12-9 win.
- Alabama quarterback Tyler Watts scored his first career rushing touchdown in the Crimson Tide's 28-10 win over the Commodores on Sept. 9, 2000 at Legion Field.
Beard Just Misses Two-Game TD Record
Junior Santonio Beard
added two more touchdowns in the win over Tennessee
, giving him seven rushing touchdowns in his last two games for Alabama. The seven rushing TDs fell one short of the Alabama record for most rushing TDs over a two-game stretch.
- Former All-American Shaun Alexander holds the two-game record with eight rushing touchdowns. Alexander scored five TDs in the 1998 season opener against BYU and added three more rushing TDs the next weekend against Vanderbilt.
- Another former All-American Johnny Musso had six rushing TDs in back-to-back games with Florida (4) and Southern Miss (2) during the 1971 season.
- Beard needs two rushing TDs this Saturday at Vanderbilt to set the Alabama record for most touchdowns in three consecutive games.
- The record is eight set by Alexander in 1988. After scoring eight TDs against BYU and Vandy, Alexander was held without a TD in the Arkansas game. Musso had seven rushing TDs in three straight games with Florida (4), Southern Miss (2) and Ole Miss (1) in 1971.
- Beard's five rushing TDs and 30 points scored against Ole Miss are the most in the SEC this season.
- Beard is second in the SEC with nine rushing touchdowns this season. He is second to Auburn's Carnell Williams who had 10 rushing TDs before a season-ending injury.
- In addition, Beard is third in the league with nine total touchdowns, trailing Williams (10 TDs) and Kentucky's Artose Pinner (10 TDs).
*Beard also ranks fifth in the SEC in scoring, averaging 6.8 points per game.