Alabama is 12-2 (.857) in its last 14 games and 7-1 (.875) in its last eight SEC games...The Crimson Tide enters the LSU with a four-game winning streak and four-game SEC road winning streak...
Alabama Quick Notes
- During UA's four-game winning streak, UA's quarterbacks, Tyler Watts and Brodie Croyle, have thrown for 884 yards, an average of 221 yards per game...
- In addition, the two QBs have the exact same number of passing yards (442) in the last four games...
- Alabama leads the SEC in sacks (34), while LSU has given up the fewest sacks (9) in the league this season...
- Bama is 13-2-1 all-time in night games at Tiger Stadium...
- The LSU game marks Alabama's fifth night game this season, including three SEC road games at Arkansas, Tennessee and LSU...
- WR Triandos Luke seeks his school-record tying third straight 100-yard receiving game against LSU.
Alabama returns home to face its arch-rival Auburn
in a nationally televised game by CBS Sports. Kickoff for the annual Alabama-Auburn game is set for 2:30 p.m. (CST). This will be the Crimson Tide's final SEC game and the final game on the mainland for the 2002 season. Alabama will close out the season at Hawai'i on Saturday, Nov. 30 in a nationally televised game on ESPN.
Bama Has Four-Game Winning Streak
The Crimson Tide has won four straight games, its longest winning streak of the 2002 season and second-longest under Coach Fran. The longest winning streak over the last two seasons was a five-game winning streak, which included the final four games of 2001 and the first game of 2002. The Crimson Tide can match that five-game winning streak with a win at LSU this Saturday night.
- During its current four-game winning streak, Alabama has outscored the opposition 65-15 in the second half.
- Beard is Alabama's leading rusher over the last four games, rushing 51 times for 278 yards (69.5 per game) and seven TDs.
- Watts has completed 37-of-54 passes (.685) for 442 yards and three TDs en route to a 151.90 quarterback rating.
- Croyle is 18-of-29 (.621) also for 442 yards and two TDs, while posting a phenomenal 207.06 quarterback rating.
- Croyle is averaging 24.6 yards per completion during the Tide's four-game winning streak.
- Both Watts and Croyle have thrown for the exact number of passing yards in the last four games. Croyle has 18 completions for 442 yards and Watts has 37 completions for 442 passing yards.
- Luke (18-257-2) and Fulgham (11-199-2) have combined to catch 29 passes for 456 yards and four TDs in the last four games.
- Daniels (35), Jones (33) and Wortham (32) are UA's leading tacklers during the four-game winning streak.
Alabama is 5-1 in SEC play this season and boasts the best record in the Western Division. The Crimson Tide is also one-half game behind Georgia
(6-1) for the overall best record in the league. LSU (4-1) is one-half game behind Alabama and one-game behind Georgia with three league games to play (Alabama, Ole Miss and Arkansas). Bama has two SEC games remaining (LSU and Auburn), while Georgia has only one league game (Auburn). Georgia also defeated Alabama earlier this season (Oct. 5), 27-25, at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
- Alabama's five SEC wins are the most since the 1999 team won the SEC Championship with a 7-1 SEC slate.
- The Crimson Tide won only six SEC games in the last two seasons combined, posting a 2-6 record in 2000 and a 4-4 league mark last year.
- With a win at LSU this weekend, Alabama would have as many conference wins this season as the last two years combined.
- Dating back to last year, Alabama is 7-1 in its last eight SEC games.
- En route to its 5-1 conference record, Alabama is averaging 408.5 yards per game this season. The Crimson Tide is averaging 184 rushing yards (13 TDs) and 224.5 passing yards (8 TDs) per game in SEC play.
- Beard and Williams have accounted for a majority of the Crimson Tide's rushing offense in SEC play this season. Beard has 87 carries for 435 yards and seven TDs, while Williams has 54 carries for 347 yards and three TDs.
- The duo has accounted for 70.8 percent of the Crimson Tide's rushing offense in six league games this season. Beard and Williams also have 10 of UA's 13 rushing TDs in SEC play.
- Both quarterbacks have played well in the Crimson Tide's six league games thus far. Watts has completed 37-of-54 (.685) passes for 442 yards and three TDs, while Croyle is 46-of-82 (.561) for 904 yards and five TDs. Both have thrown just one interception.
- Watts has compiled a 151.90 efficiency rating this year, while Croyle's rating is 166.99 in six league games.
- Croyle is averaging 19.65 yards per completion this season and 11.02 yards per attempt in six SEC games.
- Alabama receivers Dre Fulgham (18-336-3) and Triandos Luke (18-257-2) have combined for 36 receptions for 593 yards and five TDs.
- Brooks Daniels (53 tackles) and Charles Jones (50 tackles) are the Crimson Tide's top defenders in SEC play, while Derrick Pope leads the way with four TFLs (-4).
- Against SEC Western Division teams, Alabama has averaged 472.3 total yards against Arkansas, Ole Miss and Miss. State. The Crimson Tide has a decided advantage on the ground, outrushing the opposition 222.0 yards to 94.3 yards per game.
- The Crimson Tide has a 22.3 scoring margin against SEC Western Division teams. In the second half, UA has outscored the opposition 41-5.
Protecting the Football
Alabama's offense has not committed a turnover in its last 10 quarters, dating back to the second quarter of the Tennessee game in Knoxville on Oct. 26. The Crimson Tide offense has run 186 plays from scrimmage without a turnover during that time.
- In addition, Alabama has not committed a turnover in its last two games with Vanderbilt (Nov. 2) and Miss. State (Nov. 9), marking the first time since 1999 the Crimson Tide has gone consecutive games without a turnover. In 1999, Alabama was turnover free against Ole Miss and Tennessee in consecutive games.
- The 2002 season marked the second straight year Alabama did not have a turnover against Vanderbilt. In the last three meetings (2000-02), Alabama has only one turnover against the Commodores.
- Alabama has a plus eight turnover margin in its last three games, compared to a plus two turnover margin in its first seven games.
- The Crimson Tide has played three games this season without a turnover against Middle Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Miss. State.
- Through 10 games this season, Alabama has a plus 10 turnover margin compared to a plus four turnover margin in 11 games last season.
Bama Shows Marked Improvement in the Red Zone
While the Crimson Tide has been pretty effective in the red zone this season, Alabama has been almost perfect over its last four games.
- For the season, Alabama is 32-of-41 (.780) in the red zone, scoring 20 TDs and 12 field goals. It's red zone touchdown percentage is .487 (20-of-41) this season.
- Opponents are 20-of-32 (.625) in the red zone this year, scoring 13 TDs and seven field goals.
- During its current four-game winning streak, Alabama is 14-of-15 (.933) in the red zone, scoring 10 TDs.
- Alabama has also scored on its last 11 trips into the red zone, dating back to the second quarter of the Tennessee game on Oct. 26. Those 11 trips into the red zone have resulted in seven TDs and four field goals.
- The Crimson Tide's red zone defense in those four games has limited the opposition to 6-of-13 (.462) in the red zone, including four TDs.
- On the flip side, the Alabama defense has allowed only six touchdowns in the last 21 trips into the red zone.
- In its first six games of the 2002 season, the Alabama red zone offense was 18-of-26 (.692) with only 10 TDs.
- In SEC play this season, Alabama's red zone offense is 19-of-22 (.864), resulting in 11 touchdowns. UA opponents are just 10-of-21 (.476) in the red zone in six SEC games, resulting in six TDs.