SEC Sunday Football Notebook
• Florida won the Eastern Division title and a berth in the SEC Championship Game with a 41-17 over Georgia. In the game, Tim Tebow became the SEC's career rushing touchdown leader and now has 51 rushing scores to his credit.
• The earliest clinches in SEC Championship Game history were Oct. 29, 1994 (Florida), Oct. 30, 2004 (Auburn), Oct. 30, 1993 (Alabama), Oct. 31, 2009 (Florida), Nov. 4, 2006 (Florida) and Nov. 8, 2008 (Alabama and Florida).
• Miss. State's Anthony Dixon rushed for a school-record 252 yards and two TDs in the Bulldogs' 31-24 win at Kentucky. The total is the 15th highest in SEC history.
• Auburn's defense forced three turnovers, including Walter McFadden's 29-yard INT return for a score, in the Tigers' 33-20 win over Ole Miss. McFadden had two interceptions and Antonio Coleman had four tackles for loss in the game.
• Montario Hardesty rushed for 121 yards and two touchdowns in Tennessee's 31-13 win over South Carolina.
• LSU's defense posted the SEC's third shutout of the season in a 42-0 win against Tulane.
• Arkansas used near-perfect passing from QB Ryan Mallett (14 of 16 for 248 yards and 3 TDs) in defeating Eastern Michigan, 63-27.
• Vanderbilt's Warren Norman tied an SEC record with his third kickoff return for a touchdown this season as the Commodores fell to nationally-ranked Georgia Tech, 56-31. Norman's 80-yard kickoff return pulled the ‘Dores to within 28-21 in the 2nd quarter. Only Willie Gault (Tennessee) has returned three kickoffs for a score in SEC history (1980).
• In the latest major polls (BCS rankings not out as of press time), Florida is #1 in the AP, USA Today and Harris polls while Alabama is #3 and LSU #9 in all three polls. Auburn, Tennessee and South Carolina received points in all three while Ole Miss and Arkansas received points in the Harris Poll.
• The SEC's non-conference record is 30-6 (.833). It is the highest non-conference winning percentage in the nation.
• SEC stadiums have been filled to 98.17 percent capacity after 58 home games. In those games, more than 4.4 million fans have attended SEC games.
• Alabama can clinch the Western Division berth for the SEC Championship Game with a win over LSU. Should Alabama win, it would have a 6-0 conference record and only LSU would be able to reach the six win number. Since Alabama would have defeated the Tigers, the Crimson Tide would win the tie-breaker.
• After 9 weeks, SEC teams have scored 302 offensive touchdowns and 141 field goals. Field goals are 31.8 percent of SEC offensive scores, the highest percentage since 1992, when field goals were 35.3 percent of SEC offensive scores.
• Three SEC teams are in the AP Top 10 this week. The SEC has had at least three teams in the AP Top 10 every week this season. Since 1992, the SEC has had three-or-more teams in the AP Top 10 in 124 of 298 weeks (41.6 percent of total weeks).
• Tim Tebow is now 30-5 as Florida's starting quarterback. His 85.7 winning percentage is sixth best in SEC history.
• Tebow now holds SEC career records for Touchdown Responsibility (128), Rushing Touchdowns (51) and Rushing Yards by Quarterbacks (2,588). Tebow is also 6th in SEC history in career total offensive yards (10,301), tied for 7th in touchdown passes (77) and 3rd in most touchdowns scored (51).
• Georgia's Blair Walsh is 7-for-7 in field goals over 40 yards and Florida's Caleb Sturgis is 3-for-3, including a 56-yarder against Georgia.
• SEC teams are accumulating rushing yards in numbers not seen since 1992. SEC teams are averaging 179.4 yards per game, the highest since expansion. Rushing yards account for 47.2 percent of the SEC's total offensive yards, which is the highest total since 49.9 percent in 1992.
• SEC teams this past week had 20 offensive scoring drives in 2:00 or less. There were only four offensive scoring drives in the SEC that were 5:00 or more.
47.9 percent of Florida's offensive drives end up in points, including 32.3 percent for touchdowns … Tennessee leads the SEC in 4th quarter scoring margin (+60 / 76-16) and in team points scored off of turnovers (95) … SEC teams have scored 153 rushing TDs and 149 passing TDs … 9 of 12 SEC teams have scored multiple defensive touchdowns this season … Miss. State leads the SEC in defensive touchdowns with four … LSU opponents have only scored 4 points this season off of Tiger turnovers.
THIS WEEK'S SEC SCHEDULE
South Carolina at Arkansas (11:21 a.m. CT / SEC Network)
Tennessee Tech at Georgia (1 p.m. ET / Georgia PPV)
Eastern Kentucky at Kentucky (1 p.m. ET / WKYT-TV – Lexington; WMYT-TV – Hazard)
Furman at Auburn (12:30 p.m. CT / Auburn PPV)
LSU at Alabama (2:30 p.m. CT / CBS Sports)
Memphis at Tennessee (7 p.m. ET / ESPNU)
Vanderbilt at Florida (7:15 p.m. ET / ESPN2)
Northern Arizona at Ole Miss (6:30 p.m. CT / CSS)
BamaMag Top Stories
Live Updates: Elites at Alabama Junior DayDozens of blue-chip prospects are expected in Tuscaloosa Saturday for the Crimson Tide's biggest junior day of the year to date. Keep up with all the action as the information…
Alabama Gymnasts Get Past Boise StateAlabama gymnasts win meet without star Kiana Winston
Oral Roberts Gets 6-3 Win Over AlabamaAlabama Coach Greg Goff credits Oral Roberts as ‘better team’
Alabama Softball Gets Pair Of WinsAlabama softball gets wins over UCF and Texas Tech on first day of Bama Bash
BamaMagYesterday at 7:28 PM
'Bama Football Recruiting Q&A - 2/24Alabama has a massive junior day on deck with a full staff in place. Will the class of 2018 take the next step, tangibly? Get those answers and much more in this week's BamaMag…
BamaMagYesterday at 8:01 AM