Dufualt Waiting on One of His Suitors

In the world of recruiting it is usually the school that waits on a decision from a recruit. While they are already three programs in the mix for Austin Dufualt that are expecting to hear his decision, there's a fourth school that the Killdeer, N.D. product is willing, at least for now, to remain in contention while they sort out their recruiting priorities.

The 6-8 210 Austin Dufault visited Arizona State, North Dakota State and Colorado in the month of September. Minnesota, Washington State, and Creighton were the other three schools that the forward mentioned last week as possible visit destinations. He told Devils Digest that he eliminated two schools from consideration. A third school may or may not receive a visit from him, and that it is contingent on the program recruiting him.

"If I'm going to visit any other schools, it's just gonna be Minnesota," said Dufault. "That's gonna be my last (visit). Maybe I'm gonna visit them this weekend, we're still talking. They told me that Coach (Tubby) Smith takes his time with recruiting, and they're not sure if he's gonna go with a JC kid."

Dufault added that he's probably going to wait "a week at the most" until the Golden Gophers settle one way or another on a resolution.

The forward, who plays wide receiver and tight end for his high school, had a minor torn cartilage in his knee the other week. Thus, his football season is over and his basketball one stands to start later than expected.

"I'm getting my knee scoped on Wednesday," Dufualt commented. "It will be two weeks until rehab, and 4-8 weeks until I can play again. If I take it really slow I'll be playing after Christmas. But I think I'll be back before then. Maybe I won't miss any games this season."

During this time of waiting, Dufualt isn't trying to sort out a leader among the schools he already visited. "I'm not sure which of the three I like the best," he said. "They're all very even. I'm talking to my parents about this, and we're gonna wait until we hear back from Minnesota before we make a decision on them (three schools)."

When asked when he did expect to make a verbal commitment, he replied: "in the next few weeks – definitely by the end of October."

Sun Devil Source Top Stories