With the season in full swing, here is a look at our top five Pac-10 POY candidates.
1. Matt Barkley Barkley is the leader in passing efficiency and has thrown 20 touchdowns with only four interceptions.
2. Andrew Luck: Luck and Barkley may be neck to neck, although an argument can be made Luck is doing it with less surrounding talent.
Still, he has definitely be one of the better players in the conference and likely the country as well.
3. LaMichael James: This list is not in order, but if it was, James would be at the top this season.
He is averaging 161 yards a game while scoring 11 touchdowns. James has emerged as a legitimate Heisman trophy threat.
4. Jermaine Kearse: Kearse is averaging nearly 100 yards per game and has 10 touchdowns on the season. He is better than Juron Criner statistically and gets the nod, although it will likely not last.
5. Shane Vereen: Vereen is one of the most underrated players in the country. He is almost a guarantee to have a solid game and is second in the conference in touchdowns.
If it was not for Vereen, Cal would be pretty close to terrible this season.
Pac-10 POY Watch
Wildcat Authority Top Stories
Arizona shows fight in lossSean Miller discusses Arizona's loss to Gonzaga.
Wildcat AuthorityYesterday at 10:58 PM
Arizona falls to Gonzaga in StaplesArizona fell to Gonzaga 69-62 on Saturday afternoon. Read on for a recap of the game.
Wildcat AuthorityYesterday at 2:27 PM
Breakdown: Arizona vs. GonzagaArizona will travel to Los Angeles to face Gonzaga on Saturday. Read on to find out more about the game including statistics, a poritional breakdown, and a score prediction.
Wildcat AuthorityFriday at 8:19 PM
Authority Report: Shareef O'Neal enjoys visitThis week's Authority Report discusses Shareef O'Neal's recent visit and more.
Wildcat AuthorityThursday at 9:19 PM