With the season in full swing, here is a look at our top five Pac-10 POY candidates.
1. Matt Barkley Barkley is the leader in passing efficiency and has thrown 20 touchdowns with only four interceptions.
2. Andrew Luck: Luck and Barkley may be neck to neck, although an argument can be made Luck is doing it with less surrounding talent.
Still, he has definitely be one of the better players in the conference and likely the country as well.
3. LaMichael James: This list is not in order, but if it was, James would be at the top this season.
He is averaging 161 yards a game while scoring 11 touchdowns. James has emerged as a legitimate Heisman trophy threat.
4. Jermaine Kearse: Kearse is averaging nearly 100 yards per game and has 10 touchdowns on the season. He is better than Juron Criner statistically and gets the nod, although it will likely not last.
5. Shane Vereen: Vereen is one of the most underrated players in the country. He is almost a guarantee to have a solid game and is second in the conference in touchdowns.
If it was not for Vereen, Cal would be pretty close to terrible this season.
Pac-10 POY Watch
Wildcat Authority Top Stories
Miller looking forward to future with TrierSean Miller discusses Allonzo Trier's absence and what the future may now hold with his return.
Wildcat AuthorityYesterday at 7:04 PM
Markkanen named Pac-12 Player of the WeekSean Miller discusses Lauri Markkanen winning Pac-12 Player of the Week.
Wildcat AuthorityYesterday at 6:41 PM
LaRose and Dempsey to help with AD hireArizona has announced that former Arizona Athletics Directors Kathleen "Rocky" LaRose and Cedric Dempsey will assist with the ongoing athletics director search.
Wildcat AuthorityYesterday at 11:12 AM
Miles Norris focusing on threeMiles Norris is one of the best players in 2018 and is hearing the most from three schools. Read on to see which three they are and more.
Wildcat AuthorityYesterday at 7:14 AM