Here is the Pac-10 conference as we see it in basketball.
1. Washington: The Huskies lost to good teams in Maui and it is still apparent that it will be a good squad.
UW will struggle with smart teams that play a slower pace and it will be interesting to see how it adjusts.
2. Arizona: Las Vegas could only have gone better with a Kansas win, but the UA has started the season off well.
There are still some questions to be answered, but Arizona looks to be much improved.
3. UCLA: The Bruins are a very hard team to figure out and we likely will not figure them out for a while.
UCLA has as much talent as questions, but has a very high ceiling if everything clicks.
4. Washington State: The Cougars look solid in the early going, but will need another player to step up besides Klay Thompson.
5. Arizona State: The Sun Devils are another team that is hard to figure out.
Arizona State is missing an impact player next to Trent Lockett and definitely needs a big man, but will still get its fair share of wins.
6. Cal: The Golden Bears have scored five in a half this season and that obviously will not get it done.
Cal has a ton of youth, which will lead to some fits this season.
7. USC: The Trojans do not look good at all, but the fact is that they still look better than the other teams in the conference.
8. Stanford: The Cardinal basically look how we thought they would look.
This is not going to be a very dangerous team at all and it will struggle with the upper echelon of the conference.
9. Oregon State: The Beavers have something to prove and util they do, it is hard to put them higher.
10. Oregon: The Ducks have looked terrible in the early season and the reality is that they should be happy they do not have more losses.
Pac-10 Power Rankings
Wildcat Authority Top Stories
By the Numbers: Arizona vs. StanfordArizona will face Stanford for Homecoming. Read on to find out more about the two teams statistically.
Wildcat AuthorityYesterday at 3:12 PM
Highlights: DeAndre Ayton vs. Pima CollegeCheck out the video of Arizona commit and number one player in the nation DeAndre Ayton.
Wildcat AuthorityYesterday at 2:17 PM
Authority Report: Wildcats not done yetThis week's Authority Report discusses Ira Lee, Lonnie Walker, and more.
Wildcat AuthorityThursday at 10:22 PM
Highlights: Ira LeeCheck out the video of Arizona's newest commit.
Wildcat AuthorityThursday at 1:45 PM
10/19 Football Notebook: Arizona's Bye WeekRich Rodriguez discusses bye week practice, quarterbacks, and more.
Wildcat AuthorityWednesday at 9:10 PM