Here is how we see the Pac-10 currently in football.
1. Oregon: The Ducks played around for a half and still dominated Arizona.
This seems to be the best team in the country, not just the conference.
2. Stanford: Stanford is making it look easy with a 38-0 win over Oregon State.
If it was not for Oregon, Stanford would be playing in the national title game.
3. USC: This is where the conference gets muddy. Our assumption is that the Trojans would have beaten Notre Dame with Matt Barkley.
4. Arizona State: The Sun Devils looks good in beating UCLA.
If the quarterback problems are fixed, ASU is going to give Arizona one heck of a game.
5. Arizona: The Wildcats are on a downward slide.
That can be stopped with a win this week, but the defense and run game needs to show up in a hurry.
6. Washington: The Huskies got a big win against Cal this past week and now appear to be headed towards a bowl.
7. Cal: The Golden Bears lot a heartbreaker to Washington, but get this spot because of the strength of the defense.
8. Oregon State: The Beavers are not playing good football right now.
There may be a quarterback controversy in Corvalis and rightfully so at this point.
9. UCLA: How long do the Bruins keep their head coach?
The team is not improving and a four touchdown loss to ASU is a bad sign.
10. Washington State: The Cougars are improved, but not enough to get another spot.
Pac-10 Power Rankings
Wildcat Authority Top Stories
Authority Report: Wildcats not done yetThis week's Authority Report discusses Ira Lee, Lonnie Walker, and more.
Wildcat AuthorityThursday at 10:22 PM
Highlights: Ira LeeCheck out the video of Arizona's newest commit.
Wildcat AuthorityThursday at 1:45 PM
10/19 Football Notebook: Arizona's Bye WeekRich Rodriguez discusses bye week practice, quarterbacks, and more.
Wildcat AuthorityWednesday at 9:10 PM
Authority Report: Does UA lead for Graham?This week's Authority Report discusses Thomas Graham's recruitment and more.
Wildcat AuthorityWednesday at 8:50 PM