UA assistant Robert Anae has been the coach in contact with Allensworth and the two have built such a strong relationship that the athlete may consider making a decision during his visit.
"He's a cool coach," Allensworth said. "I am going to go up there (on April 13th) and talk to everyone. I was going to go on the campus and I am thinking about possibly giving my verbal, but I am not sure yet. We will see how it goes."
Early word is that the staff would like Allensworth to play on the defensive side of the ball and that decision would coincide with what he desires to do at the next level.
"I want to play defensive back," Allensworth said. "I want to play defense."
Allensworth hasn't familiarized himself with the rest of the coaches just yet, but he will take the time on his visit to meet with the staff.
"I talked to coach Anae," Allensworth said. "He talked to my dad and that's about it, but I haven't talked to any of the other coaches. I look forward to going to the spring game and talking to the coaching staff."
Aside from Arizona, Allensworth has been in communication with a few other programs.
"I am in contact with BYU, Colorado and that's about it," Allensworth said. "But I got letters from Michigan State and Oregon and I went up to UCLA and Cal for unofficial visits."
If Allensworth doesn't commit to UA on his visit, the Wildcats could find some competition in his recruitment.
"I have a sense that BYU is going to offer," Allensworth said. "They actually came to my school, so I have a feeling they will offer and I am pretty sure Colorado will eventually offer."
With the possibility of a commitment over the weekend, it's clear that Arizona is his current leader. Even with the advantage, UA could still be in a battle for Allensworth services if he leaves Tucson undecided.
"UA because they offered and I heard it's a pretty cool campus," Allensworth said. "Cal would be another one and I would say Oregon. That's the three I would want to go because I would be staying in the Pac-12 pretty close to home."
He also plans on attending at least one camp over summer.
"I have a BYU camp planned in June," Allensworth said. "I was going to go to the Boise State camp, but I am not sure about that."
Despite the hint at a potential commitment, Allensworth actually prefers to keep his recruitment going and will only make the decision if he is blown away.
"I kind of want to keep it going," Allensworth said. "It depends on how I like (Arizona). If I go there and fall in love with the place, I might (commit), but if I go there and I am shaky then I might want to extend it."