So here are my picks for the week:
(4) Nebraska vs. Troy State. Welcome to D-1 Troy State. Nebrska looked poor against TCU last week, they won't look bad against Troy State. Eric Crouch will be
on the bench shortly after halftime.
Nebraska 60, Troy State 13 Actual score: Nebraska 42-14
(9) Virginia Tech vs. UConn. Michael Vick is gone. It won't matter. if this was a basketball game the Huskies would be fine. It's not on the hardcourt.
Virginia Tech 41, UConn 10 Actual score: Va Tech 52-10
(8) Tennesee vs. Syracuse. This one looked good on paper a few years back. Now Syracuse is a shell of their former self. They played Georgia Tech tough, but
that was on a nuetral field against a dinged up quarterback. Syracuse stays in it, but just barely.
Vols 30, Orange 14 Actual score: Vols 33-9
(10) Michigan vs. Miami (OH). Drew Henson is a mediocre third baseman, but the Wolverines are still good. MAC teams are always spoilers, but not today.
Michigan 33, Miami (OH) 10 Actual score: Michigan 31-13
(24) Colorado State vs. Colorado. A lot of people picked the Buffs to improve after last season's poor record. Fresno State already upset CU in Boulder. Can the Rams add a MWC win to the WAC victory, or will the Buffs be mad and beat their in-state foe?
CSU 30, Colorado 27 Actual score: Colorado 41-14
(5) Florida State vs. Duke. FSU breaks in a new QB, Duke players are smart. Uh, wait for hoops season Dukies.
FSU 45, Duke 10 Actual score: FSU 55-13
(2) Miami vs. Penn St. Butch Davis is in Cleveland where he can only hope that the Browns amass more wins than Hurricanes' losses. Miami won't lose here, sorry JoPa.
Miami 27, PSU 14 Actual score: Miami 33-7
Cal vs. Illinois. Bears host this one. Kyle Boller hopes to break out against Illini. He'll do well, but not well enough.
Illini 24, Cal 20 Actual score: Illinois 44-17
(7) Oregon vs. (22) Wisconsin. The Badgers have been to some very hostile stadiums in the Big-10, so Autzen won't intemidate them. However, there are no quarterbacks as good as Joey Harrington in the Big 10.
Ducks 31, Badgers 16 Actual score: Ducks 31-28
(10) Oregon State at Fresno St. The Bulldogs upset Colorado last weekend. The Beavers are better than the Buffs.
Beavers 34, Bulldogs 20 Actual score: Bulldogs 44-24
(17) UCLA at (25) Alabama. The Tide have a new coach and a lot of off-field distractions. The Bruins have a coach on the hotseat and a lot of expectations. The game is in Tuscaloosa, and that's the difference.
'Bama 23, UCLA 21 Actual score: UCLA 20-17
USC vs. San Jose St. The Spartans have a habit of upsetting Stanford, but USC is a different Pac-10 school. Pete Carroll will win his debut, but the game will be ugly.
USC 20, San Jose St 17 Actual score: USC 21-10