Nwankwo To Decide During The Fall

Davis Nwankwo is ready to decide on his next stop. The 6-10 big man from North Bethesda (MD) Georgetown Prep won't let the fall signing period pass without signing some documents.

For Miami.

It's been well-documented that Nwankwo considers Arizona his leader. However, he and his parents differ on his college choice and that has held up his decision.

It appears as though the decision won't drag into the spring. "Right now, I'm about 80% sure that I'm going to get this done this period," Nwankwo said. "All these schools, I don't know if they're willing to wait until April."

The signing period runs Nov. 12-19th. "I'm positive that it'll be done this signing period. I'm ready to commit and I'm ready to make a decision."

There is a hierarchy to Nwankwo's list. "I think I'm most compatible with Arizona," Nwankwo said. The next two schools are on opposite coasts. "I would have to say [No. 2 is] between Virginia and Stanford."

Nwankwo said recent weeks have yielded progress toward his decision. "There's been progress. All the schools and top choices have been calling and talking to my parents. It's the last week and they're trying to persuade me and my parents.

"I think they've done all that's possible. It's just up to me. If they just keep calling and talking, especially to my parents, they might get some persuading done. I think all the persuading with me is done. The schools have done what they can."

This one is almost over and sometime between Nov. 12-19 we'll find out where this Top 60 senior is headed.

Wildcat Authority Top Stories