Brandon Roy gets his offer

Brandon Roy has been waiting a long time to hear Arizona say they would offer him a scholarship. He finally got the offer, but it came with some strings attached. Now he has a decision to make.

"(UA) said if I wait until Spring they'll save a scholarship for me," Roy said.

According to Roy, the Arizona staff wants to be certain he qualifies before taking a commitment. Roy said he's not certain he wants to wait.

"I really like U(dub)," Roy said. "That's where my heart is, so I don't know if I want to wait until April. (The Washington) coaches want me to make (a decision) soon."

Roy said he'll sit down with his father and his AAU coach Lou Hudson this weekend and decide whether to commit to Washington or wait until April.

Roy said he's also considering Gonzaga and Oregon, but Washington is the clear favorite.

Wildcat Authority Top Stories