Record: 24-7 (13-5)
Conference: Big West
Leading Scorer: Spencer Nelson (16.4)
Leading Rebounder: Spencer Nelson (8.1)
Assists Leader: Spencer Nelson (4.8)
Utah State Probable Starters
F #4 Nate Harris (6-7, 225, Jr., Smithfield, Utah) - Two-time first-team all-Big West selection... Selected to Big West all-tournament team.
F #32 Spencer Nelson (6-8, 225, Sr., Pocatello, Idaho) - First-team all-Big West selection. Insider.com Mid-Major All-American. USBWA District VII Team Member... Selected to Big West all-tournament team.
C #3 Cass Matheus (6-10, 235, R-Jr., Sao Paulo, Brazil) - Big West All-Tournament Team selection.
G #2 David Pak (6-2, 200, Jr., Orange, Calif.) - Is averaging 6.1 points and three assists this year.
G #20 Jaycee Carroll (6-2, 175, Fr., Evanston, Wyo.) - Second-team all-Big West... Big West Freshman of the Year... First freshman ever to be named Big West Tournament MVP.
*Won the Big West Tournament
*Both Arizona and Utah State beat Utah this season.
*10 Aggie players play 9.9 or more minutes a game.
*They have just one player over 6-10,but five 6-8 or bigger.
*Utah State finished second in the Big West Conference during the regular season with a 13-5 record behind Pacific who went 18-0, but won the Big West Tournament with victories against Cal State Fullerton (84-77) and Pacific (65-52).
* Jaycee Carroll became the first freshman in the history of the Big West Conference to be named tournament MVP, while Spencer Nelson and Nate Harris also earned all-tournament honors.
* Utah State has played in the Big West Championship game in five of the last six years and in seven of the last 10.
*Utah State has won 20 or more games in each of the last six seasons and is one of just five schools across the country to win at least 23 games in each of the last six seasons joining Duke, Gonzaga, Kansas and Syracuse.
USU At The NCAA Tournament
* Utah State is making its fourth NCAA Tournament appearance in the last six years (participated in the NIT Tournament in the other two years), as well as the fifth in the last eight years. USU has gone to the NCAA Tournament (1998, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005) or the NIT (2002, 2004) seven times in the last eight years.
* Utah State's last NCAA Tournament appearance in 2003 saw the Aggies drop a 64-61 decision to second-seeded and sixth-ranked Kansas in the first round. The Jayhawks ended that tournament with a loss to Syracuse in the National Championship game.
* Utah State is 6-17 in its previous 15 NCAA Tournament appearances. The last time USU won a game in the NCAA Tournament was in 2001 when it defeated Ohio State 77-68 in overtime in the first round.
* Utah State played in the first NCAA Tournament back in 1939 and lost to Oklahoma 50-39 in the first round that year.
* Utah State has played in the NCAA Tournament seven previous times since seedings started in 1980 and the Aggies were listed as the 11th seed in the west in 1980, 10th in the midwest in 1983, 10th in the Midwest in 1988, 12th in the west in 1998, 12th in the south in 2000, 12th in the east in 2002, and 15th in the west in 2003.