With the start of basketball practice almost here, I figured I'd throw out the first of several Pac-10 predictions. Here's how I see the Pac-10 finishing and why.
1. UCLA – Top team in the Pac-10, easily. Darren Collison will compete for Player of the Year honors and Josh Shipp will have a huge senior year.
2. USC – Young but talented. Demar DeRozan will be very tough to stop and I expect big things from Daniel Hackett.
3. Arizona State – Don't sleep on Herb Sendek's group, as the Sun Devils could definitely finish 2nd. James Harden is the best player in the conference.
4. Arizona – Chase Budinger, Jordan Hill and Nic Wise make up the best trio in the conference. The question is: Who else can contribute?
5. Washington – I wouldn't be surprise to see Washington finish as high as 3rd. Coaching is an issue, but the Huskies are very deep and have a great forward in Jon Brockman.
6. Washington State – I'm basing this on coaching alone. I do really like Aron Baynes and think he'll have a very good senior season.
7. Stanford – The Cardinal don't have much besides Lawrence Hill and Anthony Goods, but that should be enough.
8. Oregon – Tajuan Porter will shoot the Ducks into enough games to finish eight, and out of enough games to finish eight.
9. California – Sorry Mike Montgomery, your team isn't very good.
10. Oregon State – It looks like November 4th will be a good day for Craig Robinson, but after that it's going to be a long five months.
Pac-10 Predictions: Standings
Wildcat Authority Top Stories
Rawle Alkins provides perspective on decisionRawle Alkins discusses why he chose to return to Arizona and more.
Wildcat AuthorityTuesday at 2:11 PM
Sean Miller breaks down Akot's decisionSean Miller discusses why Emmanuel Akot reclassified, what he will bring to Arizona, and more.
Wildcat AuthorityMonday at 4:57 PM
Emmanuel Akot joins Arizona's 2017 classEmmanuel Akot has announced that he has reclassified to 2017. Read on to see what this means for Arizona and more.
Wildcat AuthoritySunday at 6:11 PM
3-Star Safety Breaks Down Top 8 SchoolsLance Robinson, a three-star prospect and one of Louisiana's top safeties, breaks down his top eight schools with Scout.
Scout FootballTuesday at 6:01 PM
Three Out In Front For Three-star WR RomneyRICHMOND, Calif. -- Three-star wide receiver Gunner Romney took home position MVP honors at The Opening Regional and has three programs ahead in his recruitment...
Scout FootballTuesday at 5:08 PM