With the start of basketball practice almost here, I figured I'd throw out the first of several Pac-10 predictions. Here's how I see the Pac-10 finishing and why.
1. UCLA – Top team in the Pac-10, easily. Darren Collison will compete for Player of the Year honors and Josh Shipp will have a huge senior year.
2. USC – Young but talented. Demar DeRozan will be very tough to stop and I expect big things from Daniel Hackett.
3. Arizona State – Don't sleep on Herb Sendek's group, as the Sun Devils could definitely finish 2nd. James Harden is the best player in the conference.
4. Arizona – Chase Budinger, Jordan Hill and Nic Wise make up the best trio in the conference. The question is: Who else can contribute?
5. Washington – I wouldn't be surprise to see Washington finish as high as 3rd. Coaching is an issue, but the Huskies are very deep and have a great forward in Jon Brockman.
6. Washington State – I'm basing this on coaching alone. I do really like Aron Baynes and think he'll have a very good senior season.
7. Stanford – The Cardinal don't have much besides Lawrence Hill and Anthony Goods, but that should be enough.
8. Oregon – Tajuan Porter will shoot the Ducks into enough games to finish eight, and out of enough games to finish eight.
9. California – Sorry Mike Montgomery, your team isn't very good.
10. Oregon State – It looks like November 4th will be a good day for Craig Robinson, but after that it's going to be a long five months.
Pac-10 Predictions: Standings
Wildcat Authority Top Stories
Flannigan-Fowles looking forward to UCLADemetrius Flannigan-Fowles discusses the secondary and Saturday's matchup with UCLA.
Wildcat Authority11:27 AM
Staff Predictions: Arizona vs. UCLAWildcatAuthority.com picks the winner of Arizona vs. UCLA.
Wildcat Authority11:20 AM
Miller has confidence in Jackson-CartwrightSean Miller has confidence in Parker Jackson-Cartwright and discusses why.
Wildcat AuthorityThursday at 9:25 PM
Authority Report: Ray Smith making a comebackThis week's Authority Report has full coverage of Media Day, exclusive news on uniforms, and more.
Wildcat AuthorityThursday at 8:51 PM