Here are the top ten reasons Arizona can beat USC:
1. The spread offense: Arizona is going to challenge the defense, but Pete Carroll will only be able to play zone so much. Sonny Dykes is smart enough to stretch the field and a zone defense against a player like Rob Gronkowski can bring major trouble, especially if he goes up the middle.
2. Mark Sanchez is not that good: Yes, he is having a good season. However, he was dreadful against Arizona State. He is definitely human and capable of mistaking mistakes. We expect the Wildcats to try to pressure him into plenty of them.
3. No power backs: Stafon Johnson is close and USC has very good running backs, but the style of play matches what the UA has shown it can stop. Obviously this is easier said than done, but Arizona has shown it can stop smaller backs, such as Cal's Jahvid Best.
4. The streak is bound to end: USC has not allowed a point in ten quarters, which is ridiculous. There is no way it keeps going and usually such streaks end in a big way. With that being said why not see it end on Saturday?
5. Keola Antolin: USC showed the problems it has with scat backs and the emergence of Antolin could be a big problem for the Trojans. There is still not a lot of tape on him and if Oregon State can run the ball that effective, there is a good chance the UA should be able to as well.
6. Homecoming: Arizona is very good at home and better on homecoming. This is the biggest game in a long, long time for the Wildcats and the atmosphere on Saturday should be a good indication of that.
7. Penalties: Arizona's penalties have been down considerably and last game there were none. The Wildcats are not beating themselves, so it definitely won;t be made any easier for the Trojans.
8. It's October" Pete Carroll is 23-0 in his career in November. Luckily for the UA, this game is taking place in October and statistics say Arizona has a better chance because of it.
9. Special Teams: Jason Bondzio has been amazing in his career and if the game comes down to a field goal, you have to like Arizona's chances.
10. Belief: Arizona believes it can win and the fans are starting to believe it to. There is a confidence surrounding the program that has not been around much in the past. With confidence comes execution.
Top Ten reasons Arizona can beat USC
Wildcat Authority Top Stories
Kadeem Allen embodies Arizona BasketballKadeem Allen's career at Arizona is over. Take a look at what Sean Miller had to say about Allen's meaning to the program and more.
Wildcat AuthorityYesterday at 3:08 PM
Arizona's defense fails in lossArizona's defense struggled in its lost to Xavier Thursday night. Read on to see what Sean Miller had to say about that and more.
Wildcat AuthorityThursday at 11:11 PM
Video: Chance Comanche on XavierChance Comanche breaks down Arizona's loss to Xavier.
Wildcat AuthorityThursday at 10:45 PM
Video: Markkanen on struggles against XavierLauri Markkanen discusses Arizona's struggles against Xavier.
Wildcat AuthorityThursday at 10:42 PM
Video: Rawle Alkins discusses loss to XavierRawle Alkins discusses Arizona's disappointing loss to Xavier.
Wildcat AuthorityThursday at 10:37 PM