Here are the few that we feel Arizona should target immediately:
1. John Calipari: Our one track mind sees him as the best coach out there. He would be at Arizona for the next 20 years and is a good enough coach and recruiter that we feel he would nearly guarantee a title or at least numerous appearances.
Much has been made of his background but he really has never gotten in trouble and is on the same level as every other coach in terms of being investigated and such. If the UA gets the money, we definitely think he would come.
2. Lon Kruger: Kruger may not be as big if a name as others, but he is a heck of a coach. he has proven that he can rebuild a program and although UA fans will not want to admit it, that is what he is doing here. He is bringing stability to a program that has absolutely none and he would be doing it the right way.
Kruger will not break the bank, but he will admirably fill the shoes of Lute Olson.
3. Tim Floyd: Floyd's situation at SC is solid, but it is a football school and always will be. If he comes to Arizona and wins he will be toast of the town and his ego will be satisfied. Do not cross this one off just yet, because he is not necessarily completely happy where he is.
4. Chris Lowery: The Southern Illinois coach is young, energetic, and a defensive mastermind. He may be a mid major coach, but he is not mid major quality. Lowery would be a risk with the fan base, but one that would probably be worth it in the end.
5. Kevin O'Neill: We're just kidding, but hopefully this is the last time we see him on this list.
Early coaching candidates
Wildcat Authority Top Stories
Authority Report: July Recruiting UpdateThis week's Authority Report discusses July recruiting, priorities, and more.
Wildcat AuthorityYesterday at 10:54 PM
Authority Report: Knight happy at ArizonaThis week's Authority Report has an interview with Arizona offensive lineman Maisen Knight, a recruiting update, and more.
Wildcat AuthorityWednesday at 11:43 PM
Most Important Wildcats: #13 Devaughn CooperWe continue our countdown of the top 20 most important Wildcats with #13, wide receiver Devaughn Cooper.
Wildcat AuthorityTuesday at 8:43 PM
Evan Nelson emerging as one to watchEvan Nelson may be in the class of 2020, but he has emerged as a player to watch in Arizona. Read on to see why that is and more.
Wildcat AuthorityTuesday at 8:28 PM