Here are the few that we feel Arizona should target immediately:
1. John Calipari: Our one track mind sees him as the best coach out there. He would be at Arizona for the next 20 years and is a good enough coach and recruiter that we feel he would nearly guarantee a title or at least numerous appearances.
Much has been made of his background but he really has never gotten in trouble and is on the same level as every other coach in terms of being investigated and such. If the UA gets the money, we definitely think he would come.
2. Lon Kruger: Kruger may not be as big if a name as others, but he is a heck of a coach. he has proven that he can rebuild a program and although UA fans will not want to admit it, that is what he is doing here. He is bringing stability to a program that has absolutely none and he would be doing it the right way.
Kruger will not break the bank, but he will admirably fill the shoes of Lute Olson.
3. Tim Floyd: Floyd's situation at SC is solid, but it is a football school and always will be. If he comes to Arizona and wins he will be toast of the town and his ego will be satisfied. Do not cross this one off just yet, because he is not necessarily completely happy where he is.
4. Chris Lowery: The Southern Illinois coach is young, energetic, and a defensive mastermind. He may be a mid major coach, but he is not mid major quality. Lowery would be a risk with the fan base, but one that would probably be worth it in the end.
5. Kevin O'Neill: We're just kidding, but hopefully this is the last time we see him on this list.
Early coaching candidates
Wildcat Authority Top Stories
Allonzo Trier is backAllonzo Trier has been cleared to play. Read on for the latest.
Wildcat Authority9:21 PM
Breakdown: Arizona vs. UCLAArizona will face off against UCLA on Saturday afternoon. Read on for a closer look at the match-up including statistics, a positional breakdown, and a score prediction.
Wildcat Authority4:31 PM
Authority Report: Bowen closer to decisionThis week's Authority has an update on Brian Bowen and more.
Wildcat Authority7:33 AM
Miller not happy with Arizona's effortArizona defeated USC on Thursday night, but that doesn't mean Sean Miller was happy.
Wildcat AuthorityYesterday at 9:00 PM