Here are some candidates that are being talked about that we feel may get a shot at becoming Arizona's next coach.
1. Tim Floyd: We have mentioned him before but his relationship with SC is strained at best. It would not surprise us if he reached out to the UA in some fashion, leaving Jim Livengood no choice but to interview him.
Floyd would be a very good hire and despite his possible shady recruiting tactics, Arizona would likely not skip a beat with Floyd at the helm.
2. Steve Lavin: He has been out of a job for a while, but he is another guy that could get an interview. Lavin got criticized a ton, but his track record is pretty good at UCLA.
Obviously he is not the top choice of many, but he is a solid pick that could be had at a nice price. Don't be surprised to hear Lavin's name a little bit more this season.
3. Rick Pitino: Our sources tell us there is some interest here, but we're not sure it will go any where. Pitino has not won as much as he could at another school and the UA would give him a much better shot at winning a national title.
The biggest obstacle here is Pitino's stability and happiness about where he is currently at and whether or not he is willing to change that.
4. Paul Westphal: Offensively the UA would be fun to watch and he has great ties to the west. He is not a flashy name at this point in his career but it is hard to argue with his track record.
In fact, we are a little surprised we have not heard more of his name, because he seems to come up in most coaching searches in the west.
5. Josh Pastner: We feel he has not been named enough, because he might be the best choice. He is probably the only coach that actually knows what is going on at Arizona and would still take the job in a heartbeat.
Pastner loves Arizona and is loved in Tucson, thus he deserves to be looked at much harder than he probably currently is.
Wildcat Authority Top Stories
A closer look: Arizona recruits' performanceWe take an in-depth look at how Arizona recruits performed during the first weekend of spring AAU.
Wildcat AuthorityYesterday at 8:09 PM
Authority Report: Where are the coaches?This week's Authority Report takes a look at where the coaches are over the weekend and which prospects Arizona will be evaluating.
Wildcat AuthorityFriday at 8:21 AM
Lorenzo Romar introduced at ArizonaLorenzo Romar was introduced to the media on Thursday. Read on to see what he said about joining Arizona, his role, and more.
Wildcat AuthorityThursday at 7:32 PM
Video: Luke Walton discusses Lakers, ArizonaLuke Walton discusses his season with the Los Angeles Lakers, Arizona basketball, and more.
Wildcat AuthorityWednesday at 9:38 PM