1. USC: This is a no brainer despite having lost to Oregon State. Our assumption is that the Trojans would walk in a rematch and the Beavers are going to lose two conference games left on the slate. SC is one of the better teams in the country and the conference will be correctly aligned by the end of the season.
2. Oregon State: We believe the Beavers will lose to UCLA this weekend, but OSU still deserves to be here. It has the best player in the conference so far this year, but the passing game is a concern. Despite that fact, the Beavers are a very solid unit and deserve this spot.
3. Arizona: The Wildcats are cruising despite losing to SC. The UA played very well and a win over Washington State on Saturday should clinch a bowl berth, which still is not enough for this squad.
4. Cal: The Golden Bears are good at home and pretty much only home. That's a good thing for Cal, but SC should force it back to earth after a convincing win over Oregon.
5. Oregon: If the Ducks had solid quarterback play, they would be challenging for the conference title. Instead, it is having an underachieving season. The Ducks have the offensive fire power to stay with most teams in the country but just cannot seem to put it together.
6. UCLA: The Bruins are playing well and the future is bright. We would not be surprised to see UCLA make a little run here at the end, but much of the focus is already towards next season.
7. Stanford: The Cardinal have a very good running game and play hard but not much else. If there was a passing game, Stanford would be much tougher. Either way, the Cardinal are a tough out and an argument could be made for putting them higher.
8. Arizona State: The Sun Devils should win the next two games against the Washington schools and if not, Dennis Erickson's career as the coach of ASU could be over.
9. Washington: No Ty Willingham? No problem. The Huskies are just as bad as ever.
10. Washington State: Not much to say here except to bring up the argument of whether or not this is the worst Pac-10 team ever.
Pac-10 Power Rankings
Wildcat Authority Top Stories
10/19 Football Notebook: Arizona's Bye WeekRich Rodriguez discusses bye week practice, quarterbacks, and more.
Wildcat AuthorityWednesday at 9:10 PM
Authority Report: Does UA lead for Graham?This week's Authority Report discusses Thomas Graham's recruitment and more.
Wildcat AuthorityWednesday at 8:50 PM
Ira Lee is a WildcatIra Lee has committed to Arizona. Read on for the latest.
Wildcat AuthorityWednesday at 11:14 AM
Dylan Smith taking on unique roleDylan Smith is comfortable with his new team. Read on to see what his role is and more.
Wildcat AuthorityTuesday at 9:04 PM