Here are the top ten reasons we feel Arizona can beat Oregon State this weekend.
1. It's November. Arizona head coach Mike Stoops seems to have his guys prepared in November, although Arizona has a different role than it has in the past. There is plenty of pressure on the UA, but Stoops may take the nothing to lose attitude this weekend.
Either way, history shows that the Wildcats have a good record in November, so common sense seems to be that this could be the UA's big win of the month.
2. Keola Antolin. Arizona knows to give Antolin the ball in order to succeed and we expect his work load to increase. Nicolas Grigsby is fine as a running back, but Antolin is the game breaker that the UA has been missing for quite some time.
3. Defense. The Wildcats actually do well against smaller backs and Jacquizz Rodgers is just that. If Arizona can contain him, chances are that OSU is going to struggle to put points on the board.
4. Rob Gronkowski. OSU has a solid linebacking core, but nothing that can contain Gronk. Willie Tuitama used him perfectly against Oregon and we see no reason why there would be a difference in strategy.
5. Home crowd. It is no secret that Arizona plays better at home. It will be nice to get away from a hostile environment and Arizona Stadium is sure to be rocking now that the Wildcats have secured a bowl berth.
6. Sonny Dykes. Dykes has been masterful this season at finding weaknesses in the opposing defenses. We feel good about the fact that he will do it again this week, as word is that he still was not all that happy with the performance against Oregon.
7. Quarterback play. Tuitama is definitely the better quarterback, and Oregon State's passing attack is inconsistent. The more that OSU passes, the better for Arizona. We expect the Wildcats to try to force OSU to the air in order to maximize the UA's strengths.
8. Health. Kaniela Tuipulotu and Sterling Lewis are both expected to play for a defense that has not been completely healthy in quite some time. Now that it is, it only makes sense for the overall unit to perform better.
9. Chris Gronkowski. He will add another element to the offense if he is used the way he was against Oregon and even if he is not, you have to assume that OSU has been game planning for him.
10. It only makes sense in order to fit in with the chaos that is the Pac-10 this year.
Top Ten Reasons Arizona can beat Oregon State
Wildcat Authority Top Stories
Authority Report: Bowen closer to decisionThis week's Authority has an update on Brian Bowen and more.
Wildcat Authority7:33 AM
Miller not happy with Arizona's effortArizona defeated USC on Thursday night, but that doesn't mean Sean Miller was happy.
Wildcat AuthorityYesterday at 9:00 PM
Arizona survives late USC rallyArizona blew a 23-point lead, but defeated USC 73-66 on Thursday night. Read on for a complete recap.
Wildcat AuthorityYesterday at 8:11 PM
Postgame Analysis: Arizona vs. USCArizona defeated USC 73-66 on Thursday night. Read on to find out more about what happened.
Wildcat AuthorityYesterday at 6:05 PM
Authority Report: Two weeks until Signing DayThis week's Authority Report discusses how Arizona will close its class and more.
Wildcat AuthorityWednesday at 8:19 PM