Now that we have a better feel, here is how we see the conference going
1. UCLA: The Bruins have not been great, but we have not seen enough to change our belief that UCLA will finish first. Thee are major weaknesses here, but every other team has them as well.
2. USC: The Trojans have not even seen Demar Derozan's best game, but they still look good. If Leonard Washington can play as well as he has been, SC can do some major damage.
3. Arizona: Some may feel ASU should be here, but wins over Gonzaga and Kansas are more impressive than most teams in the country. If the UA plays like it did in those games, a top three finish is within reach.
4. Arizona State: ASU needs somebody besides James Harden to step up or else it will have a disappointing season. The Sun Devils have a decent amount of talent, but not enough to compete for the conference.
5. Stanford: The Cardinal look better than we thought they would. However, the Furd has not played many teams of relevance and we reserve the right to be cautious about the Cardinal.
6. Cal: Mike Montgomery is a good enough coach to get the Golden Bears to play above their heads. There is enough talent at guard to compete with most teams and Cal is going to upset a few this season.
7. Washington State: There is something about the Cougars that we do not like much. The defense is there, but the offense is so lacking that can't see them competing with the better teams in the Pac-10.
8. Washington: The Huskies have the potential to surprise some, but also have an amount to disappoint. The Huskies' season is a crapshoot and eight coube too low or just the opposite.
9. Oregon: The Ducks have looked pretty bad before conference starts and while the Ducks may be solid by the end of the season, it will likely be too late.
10. Oregon State: Still not enough talent, but the Beavers should be better than last season.
Wildcat Authority Top Stories
Authority Report: Wildcats complete rosterThis week's Authority Report discusses how Arizona finished out its roster, answers readers' questions, and more.
Wildcat AuthorityThursday at 10:59 PM
SALE: GET 3 MONTHS FOR PRICE OF 1WildcatAuthority.com is holding a sale! Get 3 months for the price of 1 before it's too late.
Wildcat AuthorityThursday at 8:15 PM
Authority Report: Priorities emergingThis week's Authority Report discusses a few recruiting priorities, defensive back depth chart, and more.
Wildcat AuthorityThursday at 8:34 AM
Rawle Alkins provides perspective on decisionRawle Alkins discusses why he chose to return to Arizona and more.
Wildcat AuthorityTuesday at 2:11 PM