Now that Tim Floyd has turned down Arizona, here is a look at the candidates we see having a shot.
1. Scott Drew- His name has been out there for a bit and he has shown he can rebuild a program. That may be what Arizona needs right now and he would definitely listen to what Arizona has to see.
2. Jeff Capel- While there was word he rejected it, we hear he was never talked to. Capel may not want to leave, but he is a young coach that most Arizona fans would be happy about. He brought Oklahoma to an Elite Eight and can recruit, thus the turnaround may be quicker than other coaches.
3. Brad Stephens- The current coach at Butler, Stephens is a young up and comer. If he can't get a veteran, why not? Stephens is bound to be hired by a big school down the line and Arizona can beat that school to the punch.
4. Lon Kruger- He denies it, but Kruger could have interest. Arizona is obviously a better job than UNLV, but there is a question of whether or not he would want to move. Chances say yes, but he may have a ways to go before being offered.
5. Mark Fox- not a gorgeous name, but it could get the job done. he is definitely a good coach, but has not proven anything at a major school. Fox could be a sneaky pick here and Arizona could probably do worse.
Wildcat Authority Top Stories
Arizona shows fight in lossSean Miller discusses Arizona's loss to Gonzaga.
Wildcat AuthorityYesterday at 10:58 PM
Arizona falls to Gonzaga in StaplesArizona fell to Gonzaga 69-62 on Saturday afternoon. Read on for a recap of the game.
Wildcat AuthorityYesterday at 2:27 PM
Breakdown: Arizona vs. GonzagaArizona will travel to Los Angeles to face Gonzaga on Saturday. Read on to find out more about the game including statistics, a poritional breakdown, and a score prediction.
Wildcat AuthorityFriday at 8:19 PM
Authority Report: Shareef O'Neal enjoys visitThis week's Authority Report discusses Shareef O'Neal's recent visit and more.
Wildcat AuthorityThursday at 9:19 PM