Imagine if Tim Floyd had been named Arizona's coach. Imagine Sean Miller at Xavier and the UA in the position that SC is at now. Here is a list of things that would have gone as UA fans keep in mind just how lucky they are:
1. Floyd resigns: After the allegations that come out, Floyd still decides to resign. Yes, he probably could have avoided it better at Arizona. However, the point of resigning was to beat the NCAA to the punch and chances are that he would have done the same thing again.
Imagine a coaching search in July and the prospects Arizona would have looked at. It is almost a guarantee that Jim Boylen would have been head coach- the same Jim Boylen that Russ Pennell outcoached in the tournament.
2. No recruiting class: Solomon Hill wanted away from SC due in large part to Tim Floyd. If Floyd comes to Arizona, Hill likely stays where he is and is happy doing do. The momentum for the 2009 class never materializes and Arizona is left with absolutely no recruiting class.
3. No Nic Wise: With no recruiting class, Wise is forced to go to Europe. He sees no point in staying at Arizona because of the talent around him. Instead of choosing to do everything himself, he figures Europe is the better option and he is right.
Wise is the most important piece that Sean Miller has brought to Arizona and Floyd certainly would not have been able to do the same.
4. The NCAA picks up its investigation: Arizona is already being looked at by the NCAA and should Floyd have come to Tucson, a full blown investigation likely would have occured.
Instead of being the classy program that Lute Olson built, it would have started to build the exact opposite tradition.
5. Jim Livengood is fired: Well, maybe it's not all bad.
What could have been
Wildcat Authority Top Stories
Bagley still sees room for improvementMarvin Bagley is the top player regardless of class, but still believes he can continue to improve. Read on to see how that is, his thoughts on Arizona, and more.
Wildcat AuthoritySunday at 11:49 PM
Highlights: Jemaurian JonesArizona recently made the top ten for one of the top corners in the nation in Jemaurian Jones. View the video to see highlights of his junior season.
Wildcat AuthoritySunday at 11:39 PM
Brandon Williams confident in decisionBrandon Williams opens up about his health, commitment to Arizona, playing with another point guard, and more.
Wildcat AuthoritySunday at 9:29 PM
Four emerging as Arizona's prioritiesThere are four players emerging as a priority for Arizona. Read on to see who they are and where Arizona stands with each.
Wildcat AuthoritySunday at 5:22 PM