Saturday's game against Central Michigan may have been the first game, but it taught us plenty about Arizona.
1. Matt Scott is going to be the man. Sure, people would like to see Nick Foles play, but the reality of the situation is that he probably should not.
As of now, Scott is the starter. However, if Foles comes in and plays well, Arizona has a quarterback controversy.
The coaching staff should avoid that at all costs and considering that Scott played just fine on Saturday, it should let him continue to do so until he proves he is not worthy of being a starter.
2. Vuna Tuihalamaka is good. Yeah, we already knew that, but watching him start may show just how good he is.
The guy is going to be one of the better backers in the conference and Saturday was the first indication of that. He can move from sideline to sideline and seems to have a great instinct and intensity about him.
3. Ricky Elmore is ready to break out. For all the talk about Brooks Reed, Elmore definitely had the better game.
He consistently pressured the quarterback and played nearly every down. If Arizona can get a consistent effort from Elmore, the defense will be much better for it.
4. Juron Criner is ready to break out. Criner is the type of player that has a ton of talent, but needs help reaching that high level he is capable of playing at.
Saturday was a brief glimpse of what kind of talent he has. Although he will have some consistency, it would not be a surprise if he was the best receiver on the team by the end of the season.
5. The defense will rule. Arizona being a defensive team would definitely not be a bad thing. This defense could be the best Arizona has had in a long time, which is obviously a good thing.
Five things we learned
Wildcat Authority Top Stories
Video: Kahi Neves on season expectationsKahi Neves is going to have an expanded role this season. View the video for thoughts on his expectations and more.
Wildcat AuthoritySunday at 7:23 PM
Video: Rich Rodriguez after practiceRich Rodriguez gives an update on spring practice.
Wildcat AuthoritySunday at 5:05 PM
Video: Sean Miller after UCLASean Miller discusses Arizona's loss to UCLA.
Wildcat AuthoritySaturday at 8:12 PM
Video: Arizona Players after UCLAParker Jackson-Cartwright and Allonzo Trier meet with the media after Arizona's loss to UCLA.
Wildcat AuthoritySaturday at 8:07 PM