1. USC : The Trojans may not have the best offense in the conference, but the defense has been stellar. With wins over the Arizona schools, SC has set itself up nicely for the rest of the conference season.
2. Oregon: All of a sudden it seems that the Ducks are going to contend for a conference title. With a strong front court and solid guards, the Ducks may be able to compete with the better teams in the conference, as shown by an easy win against Washington.
3. Cal: The preseason did not go as the Golden Bears would have liked, but Cal is definitely still one of the favorites. If the frontcourt can match the guard play, Cal is going to be a tough team to beat.
4. Washington: A loss against Oregon is disappointing, but this is still a good team. If Abdul Gaddy can step up and the Huskies can get a larger contribution from the front court, it is hard to imagine this team not being among the top three in the Pac-10.
5. Washington State: The Cougars have shown to be a good defensive team and not much has changed with the departure of Tony Bennett. This team is not going to win the conference, but it will be a tough out.
6. Arizona: The Wildcats struggled against SC and only lost by six before dominating the Bruins. If the UA can play as it did on Saturday, the rest of the conference is definitely going to have to take notice.
7. UCLA: The Bruins looked decent against Arizona State but terrible against the Wildcats. It will be hard to be consistent and, at this point, this team just is not that good.
8. Arizona State: The Sun Devils are going to need to find more offense in a hurry if they plan on making the post season.
9. Stanford: The Cardinal are not good at all and the starting lineup looks like a bench for the rest of the conference except for a player or two.
10. Oregon State: The team is definitely competitive at this point but unfortunately that is not enough for wins right now.
Pac-10 Power Rankings
Wildcat Authority Top Stories
Updated Scout 300 Trend Meter For 2017The updated Scout 300 Trend Meter for the 2017 class takes a look at which schools are trending for each uncommitted member in the Scout 300.
Scout Football5:40 AM
10/24 Notebook: UA Prepping for StanfordRich Rodriguez discusses personnel changes, the bye week, and more.
Wildcat AuthorityYesterday at 6:27 PM
Arizona focusing on Christian McCaffreyIn order to defeat Stanford, Arizona will need to contain Christian McCaffrey. Read on to see what Rich Rodriguez has to say about Stanford's star running back and more.
Wildcat AuthorityYesterday at 6:14 PM
By the Numbers: Arizona vs. StanfordArizona will face Stanford for Homecoming. Read on to find out more about the two teams statistically.
Wildcat AuthoritySunday at 3:12 PM