With the summer almost coming to an end and numerous players only weeks away from starting their senior year, here are five football players to keep an eye on.
1. Israel Marshall: Marshall was likely headed to Boise State before the Broncos received a commit at the same position. Now, he has opened up his recruitment and Arizona remains in the picture.
While we have maintained that the UA would not take any more linebackers, there would likely be room for a local player.
2. Reggie Gilbert: Gilbert is a player to watch because something would have to go horribly wrong for him not to wind up at Arizona.
In fact, we would call him an Arizona lock at this point. Should Arizona State or another major school have offered earlier in the process, it may have been a different story this point in the process.
However, the UA made its move and stayed aggressive and it will likely pay off sooner than later.
3. Brock Haman: Haman makes no secret about the schools he likes, but everything else is a bit of a mystery.
There is no indication that Haman is going to decide any time soon, as he wants to wait to see what offers he gets.
Still, Arizona should be right in there until the end unless Arizona State offers, in which case the Sun Devils have to be considered the favorite.
4. Quarterback: Yes, we know that this is not a specific player. However, Arizona has yet to truly offer and recruit any other signal callers after Daxx Garman.
This is likely because Frank Scelfo is going to evaluate possible future offers and it should be interesting to see what direction Arizona goes in for this position.
5. James Adeyanju: Arizona was never really in the picture for Adeyanju because it did not seem the UA had much of a chance.
One unofficial visit later and it seems that Adeyanju believes Arizona is a legitimate contender.
It will be hard to hold off the Big 10 schools, but it seems Arizona has a chance to land an athlete that is likely underrated.
Football recruits to watch
Wildcat Authority Top Stories
Arizona shows fight in lossSean Miller discusses Arizona's loss to Gonzaga.
Wildcat AuthorityYesterday at 10:58 PM
Arizona falls to Gonzaga in StaplesArizona fell to Gonzaga 69-62 on Saturday afternoon. Read on for a recap of the game.
Wildcat AuthorityYesterday at 2:27 PM
Breakdown: Arizona vs. GonzagaArizona will travel to Los Angeles to face Gonzaga on Saturday. Read on to find out more about the game including statistics, a poritional breakdown, and a score prediction.
Wildcat AuthorityFriday at 8:19 PM
Authority Report: Shareef O'Neal enjoys visitThis week's Authority Report discusses Shareef O'Neal's recent visit and more.
Wildcat AuthorityThursday at 9:19 PM