Head coach Blake Anderson
The head coach said the Red Wolves executed poorly and singled out tackling. “We tackled poorly in space and gave up 176 yards after contact.”
- Anderson said the Red Wolves are in a “catch-22” where they don’t have enough depth to do a lot of live tackling.
- Chad Voytik will remain as the Red Wolves starting quarterback and redshirt sophomore Justice Hansen will likely receive some snaps.
- Anderson also said the quarterback-center exchange was a major issue. He said there were 8 snaps that were so bad they gave the plays virtually no chance. The coach said there were also five dropped passes. “We are not good enough to give away plays,’’ said Anderson.
- He said there was no indication that senior center Devin Mondie would have those issues.
- Injuries: Johnston White (hamstring) is the only player who is likely out. He’s considered day-to-day. Colton Jackson, Robert Mondie and Cody Brown, who Anderson said did not finish the game, should all be good.
- On possible lineup changes: “ I’ve never been a coach to be quick to remove a guy. I want to give them a chance to work it out.”
- On Auburn playing three QBs. “I’ve never seen that. It’s going to be hard to defend that and for them it's going to have hard to practice.”
- More on Auburn “This is not a great game to build confidence. Their defensive line is one of the best, if not the best. We will not have a speed advantage anywhere. We will have some who will match up, but no advantage.”
Offensive coordinator Buster Faulkner
There is a chance we could play two QBs. I think Chad showed enough he can be a really good player. Overall our offense was just not him; we need some continuity.
- Justice Hansen was not put in a fair situation. He played the third series like we said, at wide receiver. I just need to put him in good situations. I’m still confident in both.
- With Johnston White out. “Our plan does not change. We have Warren Wand and Armond Weh-Weh should some good things. They are both capable of no matter who we play.
Defensive coordinator Joe Cauthen
We had high expectations and I think we tried to play up to that. We did not relax and just play.