When Arkansas head football coach Bobby Petrino meets with the media at 4 p.m. on Wednesday afternoon, he will have a smile on his face.
Just how big a smile will be determined in the nine hours leading up to the press event.
Arkansas heads into national signing day with 22 prospects pledged to be future Razorbacks - including former Los Angeles (CA) Harbor defensive end and early enrollee Austin Flynn (6-5, 255).
That list should be at 24 or 25 by the end of the day as the school heads into the day ranked 15th nationally in the Scout.com team rankings.
"Coach Petrino and the rest of the staff really think we have a chance to win a national championship next season," Memphis Ridgeway defensive end Brandon Lewis said. "They've got us all believing that, too."
The class got a boost on Tuesday when Covington (LA) middle linebacker Otha Peters (6-1, 223) decided to change his commitment from Tennessee to Arkansas per his coach Malter Scobel.
"I think the one thing it really came down to in he end was he wants to play for championships while he is in college," Scobel said. "He is all about winning. Right now, Arkansas is in much better position to do that e to do that than Tennessee. They are in position to challenge for a national championship and he wants to be a part of that."
The most high profile recruit who will make his decision public during Wednesday is Springfield (MO) Hillcrest wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham (6-6, 225), Scout's top player in the 2012 class.
His announcement – between finalists Arkansas and Missouri - will be carried live by ESPNU at 9:15 a.m. CST.
The last player involved with Arkansas set to announce his decision on Wednesday is Arroyo Grande (CA) safety Seth Jacobs (6-2, 215), who will announce his at 8:30 p.m. CST.
Jacobs will announce his choice from a final four of Arkansas, Oklahoma State, Colorado and UCLA.
"Distance hasn't been an issue for me," Jacobs told Scout.com. " I was more concerned about finding a place where I feel comfortable, and can grow and expand as a player. I can always come back to California if I decided to move away, which I definitely would because California is the best state, in my opinion."
But he will not be the last prospect currently involved with the Razorbacks to announce as Chicago (IL) Simeon offensive lineman Jordan Diamond (6-5, 290) will make his decision known Friday night at 7:30 CST.
Diamond's finalists were Arkansas, Michigan, Wisconsin and Auburn.
One prospect that won't decide until Feb. 11 is Scottsdale (AZ) Chaparral wideout Devonte' Neal (5-10, 175), who has Arkansas, Notre Dame, Oklahoma and North Carolina on his list.
Arkansas' 2012 commits
• Jeremy Ward, OL, 6-4, 280, Pottsville
• Nate Holmes, RB-WR, 6-1, 185, Port Arthur (Texas) Memorial
• A.J. Turner, LB, 6-2, 207, East Poinsett County
• Cordale Boyd, 6-3, 292, Memphis Ridgeway
• Donovan Roberts, TB, 6-1, 200, Norman, Okla.
• Jeremy Sprinkle, TE, 6-5, 215, White Hall
• Eric Hawkins, WR, 6-0, 170, 4.34, Longview, Texas
• Brandon Lewis, DE, 6-5, 230, Memphis Ridgeway
• D'Arthur Cowan, WR, 6-2, 180, Olive Branch, Miss.
• Keon Hatcher, WR, 6-2, 195, Owasso, Okla.
• Jared Collins, CB, 5-10, 175, Tulsa Booker T. Washington
• Deatrich Wise, DE, 6-5, 235, Carrollton (Texas) Hebron
• Ray Buchanan, Jr. , CB, 5-11, 176, Suwanee (GA) Peachtree Ridge
• Defonta Lowe, ATH, 6-3, 185, Bearden
• Jamichael Winston, DE, 6-5, 235, Mobile (AL) Vigor
• Jonathan Williams, TB, 6-0, 208, Allen, Texas
• Austin Flynn, DE, 6-5, 255, Los Angeles (CA) Harber
• Taiwan Johnson, DE, 6-3, 235, Manvel, Texas
• Will Hines, CB, 6-1, 180, Waco, Texas
• Vin Ascolese, LB, 6-2, 220, North Bergen (NJ)
• Demetrius Wilson, WR, 6-3, 180, Glendale (AZ) CC
• Otha Peters, MLB, 6-1, 223, Covington, LA.
National Signing Day Arrives
Hawgs Daily Top Stories
Scout On the Road: SeptemberScout takes a look at some of the top prospects we saw in person during the month of September...
Scout FootballWednesday at 2:00 PM
Longhorns Preview Oklahoma StateTexas offensive players discuss the Longhorns' upcoming game at Oklahoma State to kickoff Big 12 Conference play.
Horns DigestMonday at 6:21 PM
Louisiana CB 'Real Close' to a DecisionIt may not be too long before one of the top cornerbacks in Louisiana makes his decision. Four schools are high on his list and you can get the latest here...
Scout FootballMonday at 6:15 AM
JC defensive back talks ISU official visitOver the weekend, Iowa State played host to one of their top 2017 targets in the current recruiting cycle in Paramount, CA three-star JUCO CB Keisean Nixon. This visit for the…
AllCyclonesSunday at 6:34 PM