While one of Arkansas' top defensive tackle prospects will take in the Alabama-Texas A&M game, another will be inside Reynolds Razorback Stadium.
Wisconsin commit Craig Evans (6-3, 310) of Sun Prairie, Wisconsin – originally from Jackson, Miss. - is one of five official visitors that will arrive in Fayetteville Friday for official visits.
He is a prospect – ranked as the 16th-best defensive tackle nationally - that Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema recruited while he was guiding the program at Wisconsin.
"He's a pretty funny dude," Evans said of Bielema recently on Richard Davenport's Recruiting Thursday sports radio show. "Obviously, I know him from Wisconsin. We kind of had that relationship from a while ago. So he and I have a relationship where we can crack jokes and have a sense of humor towards one another."
Also visiting Arkansas officially this weekend are Razorback linebacker commit Khalia Hackett (6-3, 205) of Douglasville, Ga., South Paulding, Garden City, Kan., Community College running back Tyreek Hill (5-9, 190), the Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., Dwyer duo of wide receiver Johnnie Dixon (5-11, 190) and safety Shawn Boone (5-11, 195).
Springdale Har-Ber defensive tackle Josh Frazier – the No. 23 tackle nationally according to Scout.com who will be at Arkansas in two weeks when the Razorbacks take on Texas A&M – will be in College Station, Texas, this week for the headline game in college football.
Arkansas would love to add one or both to its two already pledged defensive tackle prospects – El Dorado's Bijhon Jackson (6-2, 320) – ranked 10th nationally - and St. Louis, Mo., Christian Brothers' Armon Watts (6-5, 275), who is the 51st-best nationally per Scout.com.
While Evans committed to Wisconsin after Bielema left, he knew he would take an official to Arkansas because of his relationship with the head coach and former Wisconsin and current Razorback defensive line coach Charlie Partridge.
"He came to me…and was like ‘Craig, there's no guarantee that I'm going to stay here (at Wisconsin) but as long as I can I will.' When you get to this level it's a business'," Evans remembered. "So I had to respect that part. I had to respect it was a business and I respect that he had to make a better move for his family. I can't do anything but respect that.
"So as soon as those guys went down there I knew they would contact me when they got settled," Evans added. " Right away once they got settled they contacted me and they offered me and that felt good. Right away I knew I was going to have to keep Arkansas in the back of my mind."
He was asked if he could possibly flip to Arkansas after the visit.
"When I get down there and Arkansas feels like the place for me and I can see myself growing up as a young man and growing into a man then by all means yes," Evans said. " I could definitely say that."
2014 Official Visitors:
• Shawn Boone, S, (5-10, 195) Palm Beach Gardens, Fla, Dwyer
• Johnnie Dixon, WR, (5-11, 190), Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., Dwyer
• Craig Evans, DT, (6-3, 310, Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
• Khalia Hackett, OLB, (6-1, 215), Douglasville, South Paulding, Ga.
• Tyreek Hill, TB, (5-9, 190), Garden City, Kan., CC
• Jack Kraus, TE, (6-5, 250), Bentonville
• Rafe Peavey, QB, (6-2, 212), Bolivar, Mo
• Ty Storey, QB, (6-3, 222), Charleston
2014 Unofficial visitors:
• Jordan Dennis, WR, (6-2, 170), Fayetteville
• Kabion Ento, WR, (6-1, 160), Pine Bluff Dollarway
• Jake Hall, DE, (6-4, 245), Springdale Har-Ber
• Tevion Hicks, S, (6-1, 180), Strong
• Matt Magee, WR (6-0, 170), Carl Junction, Mo.
• Sain Matthew, RB (6-0, 175), Springdale Har-Ber
• Richard Mitchell, DE, (6-4, 250), Holmes, Miss. CC
• Hayden Newhart, WR, (6-3, 180), Charleston
• Drew Smith, TE, (6-3, 220), Russeville
• Zach Wary, LB, (6-4, 220), Rogers
2015 Unofficial Visitors:
• Braxton Bradley, OL, (6-3, 280), Springdale
• Willie Edwards, WR, (6-1, 170), Wichita, Kan., East
• Hale Hentges, TE (6-4, 205), Jefferson City, Mo., Helias
• Quinn Oseland, OL, 6-6, 305, Springfield, Ill., Sacred Heart-Griffin
2016 Unofficial Visitors:
• Justice Hobbs, ATH, (5-11, 200), Farmington
Evans Heads To Arkansas
Hawgs Daily Top Stories
Arkansas On Game Days | Tailgate TravelsAs much fun as it is being at an Arkansas football game, the pregame can be just as enjoyable, especially if you have an RV. Head out to Fayetteville to see what makes the…
Scout 2017 Rankings DirectoryThe Scout positional, state, regional, national and team rankings for the Class of 2017...
Scout FootballMonday at 7:00 AM
Bowl Game Matchups: Who's Going Where?Here's a look at the postseason lineup for 2016.
ScoutSunday at 11:12 AM
Missouri-Arkansas By The NumbersMissouri (3-8, 1-6) hosts Arkansas (7-4, 3-4) in a Southeastern Conference contest on Friday afternoon.
Black & Gold Illustrated11/21/2016