With Wednesday's national signing date looming, Arkansas still awaits the decision of several top prospects it would like to add to its 2014 recruiting haul.
One of those is Miami, Fla., Northwestern wide receiver JoJo Robinson (6-0, 170, 4.4).
Robinson is a soft verbal commit to Florida State, but has visited Arkansas and TCU, and South Florida and is expected to pick one of those schools.
He is scheduled to make his choice known Wednesday at 10 a.m.
"He is back from Texas and just trying and will announce something soon," noted Joe Robinson, Joe's dad. "He had a really good visit to Arkansas."
Robinson caught 70 passes for 760 yards and four touchdowns as a senior and for 326 yards and 5 more scores as a junior in his high school career.
He visited Arkansas officially on Jan. 24-26.
"They (the Razorbacks) want me to play receiver," Robinson said. "They want me to come and turn this thing around. Last year they were weak in the passing game, but they want me to come change that.
"…They plan on having me in the slot, mostly, then go outside and play both," Robinson added. "Then, special teams, of course, like punt return and kick return."
Jacksonville, Fla., Raines cornerback/safety Lamont Simmons has his choice down to Arkansas, USC and Penn State, where he visited this past weekend.
A pair of U.S. Army All-Americans - Coppell, Texas, defensive end Solomon Thomas (6-3, 263) and River Ridge, La., John Curtis linebacker Kenny Young (6-2, 225) – will both announce on Wednesday on ESPN's Recruiting Nation signing day special.
Thomas – down to Arkansas, Stanford and UCLA - tweeted that he will announce around 7:10 a.m. while Young should go public at around 10:30 a.m.
A few other names that have been mentioned with Arkansas are Miami, Fla., Booker T. Washington defensive end Demetrius Jackson and pair of linebackers in Fort Pierce, Fla., Central Sharieff Rhaheed and Rogers' Zack Wary.
Jackson, a 19-year-old ordained minister, is committed to Miami and has announced plans to sign at 8 a.m. CST on Wednesday.
Rhaheed visited Louisville this past weekend and has also taken official trips to Arkansas, Missouri and Michigan State.
Wary is currently committed to Wake Forest.
Arkansas currently has 23 official commitments and can sign up to 26 on Wednesday with one scholarship dating back to the 2013 class.
Arkansas Recruiting Board:
• Rafe Peavey, QB, 6-2, 212, Bolivar, Mo.
• Juan Day, TB, 6-1, 210, North Little Rock
Jared Cornelius, WR, 6-2, 190, Shreveport, La., Evangel
• Cody Hollister, WR, 6-4, 205, Arizona Western
• Kendrick Edwards, WR, 6-5, 205, Miami, Fla., Norland
• JoJo Robinson, WR, 6-0, 170, Miami, Fla., Northwestern (Florida State commit)
• Jack Kraus, TE, 6-5, 250, Bentonville
• Josiah Wymer, TE, 6-4, 260, Springdale (walk on candidate)
• Jovan Pruitt, OL, 6-5, 300, Dallas, Texas, Bishop Dunne
• Frank Ragnow, OL, 6-6, 290, Victoria, Minn., Chanhassen
• Sebastian Tretola, OL, 6-5, 315, Iowa Western
• Brian Wallace, OL, 6-6, 300, St. Louis, Mo., Christian Brothers College High
• Bijohn Jackson, DT, 6-3, 320, El Dorado
• Armon Watts, DT, 6-5, 274, St. Louis, Mo., Christian Brothers College High School
• Jake Hall, DE, 6-5, 236, Springdale Har-Ber
• Anthony Brown, DE, 6-4, 230, Miami, Fla., Killian
• Demetrius Jackson, DE, 6-5, 225, Miami, Fla., Booker T. Washington (Miami commit)
• Solomon Thomas, DE, 6-3, 263, Coppell, Texas
• Dwayne Eugene, LB, 6-1, 220, Metairie, La., Archbishop Rummel
• Khalia Hackett, LB, 6-3, 215, Douglasville, Ga., South Paulding
• Randy Ramsey, LB, 6-3, 210, Fort Lauderdale, Fla., Dillard
• Tyler Hayes, LB, 6-2, 210, Butler, Kan., CC
• Sharieff Rhaheed, LB, 6-4, 220 Fort Pierce, Fla., Central
• Zack Wary, LB, 6-4, 220, Rogers
• Kenny Young, LB, 6-2, 225, River Ridge, La., John Curtis
• Josh Liddell, S, 6-1, 198, Pine Bluff Dollarway
• Santos Ramirez, S, 6-2, 180, Shreveport, La., Evangel Christian
Lamont Simmons, CB, 6-3, 182, Jacksonville, Fla., Raines
• Chris Murphy, CB, 5-10, 175, Marietta, Ga., Lassiter
• Cornelius Floyd, CB, 6-0, 180, Miami, Fla., Gulliver
• Henre' Toliver, CB, 6-1, 185, Metairie, La., Archbishop Rummel
• Cole Hedlund, K, 5-10, 155, Argyle, Texas
Arkansas Awaits Key Decisions
Hawgs Daily Top Stories
Arkansas 6, Kansas State 5 (10)Arkansas won a wild game against Kansas State at Kauffman Stadium on Tuesday.
Hawgs Daily6:02 AM
Pair of Arkansas coaches see future Hog playArkansas had two coaches watch a future Razorback play baseball on Monday.
Hawgs DailyYesterday at 10:10 AM
Diamond Hogs don't fall much in pollsDespite losing their series against Auburn, the Diamond Hogs didn't fall too much in the polls and you might be surprised where they are in the RPI.
Hawgs DailyYesterday at 6:19 AM
Monday Tidbits - April 24Here are a couple notes about the Razorbacks left over from head coach Bret Bielema's Saturday press conference.
Hawgs DailyMonday at 5:26 PM