Anderson: Full Team Back

Arkansas coach Mike Anderson is trying to find a way to snap out of a 2-6 SEC start ahead of a trip to Alabama on Wednesday. The Hogs will be at full strength with Michael Qualls and Alandise Harris available.

Arkansas coach Mike Anderson said Monday afternoon that forwards Michael Qualls and Alandise Harris are off the suspended list. Both were reinstated ahead of practice.

The Razorbacks (13-8, 2-6) will try to snap a two-game losing streak, hosting Alabama on Wednesday night at Bud Walton Arena. Qualls and Harris did not play in an 88-74 loss at LSU on Saturday, suspended indefinitely.

Anderson said Qualls and Harris "met conditions. Anderson met with the media just ahead of practice.

"They had some things they had to get done," Anderson said. "They met some conditions that had to satisfy me."

Anderson did not specify the conditions. He did not say what caused the suspensions, only that it was "conduct detrimental to the team."

Will Qualls and Harris play against Alabama?

"We have a couple of days of practice," Anderson said. "Everyone works in practice (to earn playing time)."

Did their absence hurt the team at LSU?

"You have to give LSU credit," Anderson said. "But we had some family members missing. We didn't have them and that's huge and it has to effect the family.

"Maybe you don't notice it so much in a practice, but you do in a game. I do think we got tired, so we missed them."

The Hogs fell behind by 20 in the first half, but cut it to six before LSU pulled away at the end. There was an 18-4 Arkansas spurt with Moses Kingsley and Bobby Portis together. LSU did come up with an answer with those two on the floor, too.

"That combination did some things," Anderson said. "Bobby had some nice passes (to Kingsley) from the high post and he did some things with the basketball, got all the way to the rim because of the attention Moses was getting.

"Defensively, Moses was protecting the rim. He gives us some things we need rebounding."

Anderson gave the squad Sunday off, probably a requirement after the team had plane trouble coming out of Baton Rouge. The chartered jet had a wheel slide into the grass off the runway. A new plane had to be found and the Hogs didn't make it to Fayetteville until 3:30 a.m. Sunday.

"We ended up getting home, what time, 3? 3:30?" Anderson said. "We were set to leave at 7:30 and as we were trying to get to our approach to take off, we had a little roundabout and we kind of ran off the runway a little bit there. one of the wheels came off the runway.

"So it's there in the grass and as you try to rev it up it wasn't going anywhere. So with all the fuel, the luggage, and people on there, so we had to abandon it and they had another plane come in. so it made – let's say you're leaving at 8:00, you get home until 3. We probably didn't leave until probably about 1, 1:30-ish. So we were in the FBO for quite awhile. Had a little bonding time.

"That's adversity. That's adversity there. You get your butt kicked and then you've got to stay there as well. but we got home before the snow and before the bad weather. The guys had the day off yesterday, so that was, I'm sure they slept quite a bit."

Hawgs Daily Top Stories