It takes more than one or two defenders to bring down Roland’s Austin Cantrell.
That fact was on display Friday night, as he gained 137 yards and scored four touchdowns on 11 carries in Roland’s 34-8 win over Okmulgee.
“It takes about three or four (to bring me down) usually,” Cantrell said. “It’s great. I worked hard in the offseason to get big and now it’s paying off.”
He is committed to Arkansas as a tight end, but the three-star recruit did his damage out of the backfield as a fullback Friday night, averaging 12.5 yards per carry.
Cantrell also plays defensive end for a Roland defense that proved stout against Okmulgee.
“We played great,” Cantrell said. “We took a team that was averaging 48 points and held them to eight. I couldn’t have asked for a better game.”
He will be in Fayetteville for an unofficial visit Saturday night when the Razorbacks take on Northern Illinois. He said he expects Arkansas to “run all over,” much like it did the previous two weeks against Nicholls State and Texas Tech.
“You can tell they’re better than in the past,” Cantrell said. “I’m excited to get there and contribute.”
Cantrell wasn't the only Arkansas commit in action Friday night. Here is a look at how other commits and prospects performed.
• Arkansas QB pledge Ty Storey passed for 299 yards and 4 touchdowns and also had 2 rushing TDs as Charleston whipped Ozark 47-12
• Arkansas TB pledge Rawleigh Williams had 22 carries for 310 yards and 6 TDs
• Dumas tight end Will Gragg had 6 catches for 88 yards and 2 touchdowns
• Fort Smith Northside junior LB Deontre Hardwick had 13 tackles and returned a fumble 75 yards for a score in his team;s win over Greenwood.
• Arkansas WR pledge Deon Stewart had 4 catches for 88 yards with 2 TDs and also had a 73-yarder called back.
• Junior linebacker Jordan Carmouche had 9 tackles for Manvel, Texas
• Conway junior quarterback Breylin Smith was 22-of-34 passing for 346 yards with two touchdowns as he and Arkansas 2015 OL commit Colton Jackson helped the Wampus Cats down Har-Ber in the latter's first game ever at its new on-campus facility.
• Pulaski Academy junior athlete T.J. Hammonds had a combined 125 yards rushing and receiving - all coming on his team's first two possessions.
• Junior quarterback Skylar Thompson was 30 of 43 passing for 371 yards and 3 touchdowns.
Here is a complete list of recruits that will be in Fayetteville for the Northern Illinois game.
• Malik Dime, 6-10, 220, Ottumwa, Iowa, Indian Hills Community College
• Jaylin Barnett, OL, 6-4, 303, Lawton, Okla.
• Derrick Graham, LB, 6-4, 220, Wachula, Fla., Hardee
• Austin Cantrell, TE, 6-4, 240, Roland, Okla.
• Daytrteon Dean, DT 6-3, 263, Fort Smith Northside
• K.J.Hilll, WR, 6-1, 190, North Little Rock
• C.J. O'Grady, TE, 6-5, 230, Fayetteville
• Zach Rogers, C, 6-3, 300, Carrollton, Texas, Hebron
• Ty Storey, QB. 6-3, 215, Charleston
• Rawleigh Williams, TB, 5-11, 210, Dallas Bishop Lynch
• Will Gragg, TE, 6-4, 245, Dumas
• Dre Greenlaw, S, 6-1, 220, Fayetteville
• Parker Witt, FB-DE, 6-2, 220, Dardanelle
• Jordan Jones, WR, 6-3, 170, Smackover
• Manuel Bunch, S, 6-2, 185, Roland, Okla.
• Austin Capps, DE, 6-3, 307, Star City
• Jordan Carmouche, 6-2, 200, Manvel, Texas
• Damarea Crockett, TB, 6-0, 205, Little Rock Christian
• T.J Hammonds, ATH, 6-1, 198, Pulaski Robinson
• Deontre Hardwick, MLB, 6-2, 235, Fort Smith Northside
• Jordan Humphrey, TB, 6-4, 195, Southlake, Texas, Carroll
• Malik Manciel, DE, 6-2, 255, Florence, Ala.
• Houston Miller, DE, 6-3, 215, Keller, Texas
• Austin Quillen, S, 6-0, 190, Jenks, Okla.
• Jace Sternberger, DE, 6-4, 230, Kingfisher, Okla.
• John Tate, DE, 6-4, 247, Pine Bluff
Tough Running by Cantrell
Hawgs Daily Top Stories
Arkansas On Game Days | Tailgate TravelsAs much fun as it is being at an Arkansas football game, the pregame can be just as enjoyable, especially if you have an RV. Head out to Fayetteville to see what makes the…
Scout CFBFriday at 9:20 AM
Cats Picked To Win SEC CrownThe voters at SEC Media Days are convinced: Kentucky has reloaded.
Scout 2017 Rankings DirectoryThe Scout positional, state, regional, national and team rankings for the Class of 2017...
Scout FootballMonday at 7:00 AM
"They Are Playing Really Good Football"Arkansas Coaches Bret Bielema and Dan Enos talk about facing Auburn this weekend and the challenges that presents for the Razorbacks.
Inside The AU Tigers10/19/2016
Scout's Top 25 Recruiting ClassesScout has a new top school in the recruiting rankings. Take a look at capsules for the top 25 classes in the country, including a new number one.