Not only were Arkansas’ players, coaches and fans happy to see the Razorbacks take down Tennessee 24-20 in Knoxville, but some future Razorbacks enjoyed it as well.
Here’s what some Razorback commitments had to say after watching the victory:
• McTelvin Agim, DE, 6-3, 270, Hope - “It’s good to get another win on our side. We needed it. It’s a launching pad for more though.”
• T.J. Hammonds, TB-WR, 5-10, 200, Pulaski Robinson - “It was good to see. They did a great job of getting back to the running game. Alex (Collins) and Rawleigh (Williams) did a great job, the O-line opened up some nice holes for them and they made the most of it. Drew Morgan has really stepped up with all the injuries at wide receiver.”
• Kofi Boateng, WR, 6-1, 180, Arlington, Texas, Lamar – “It was a hard fought win and a key win that could trigger their comeback, now they just gotta focus on Bama and prepare for a tough match up.”
• Hayden Johnson, FB, 6-4, 255, Columbia, Mo., Rock Bridge – “Very impressed with it, especially since it was at Tennessee. Difficult atmosphere to play an away game in. Much needed win for Arkansas. Definitely going to get them back on the right track.
• Grayson Gunter, TE, 6-5, 230, Madison, Miss., Central – “Getting a win on the road in the SEC is always big. I thought Arkansas looked a lot better defensively. I also thought the offense looked great. They ran the ball great. They will be tough to beat if they continue to play like that.”
• Jake Heinrich, OL, 6-5, 275, Urbandale, Iowa - "We went out and earned the win. I think we played tough and can continue that throughout the test of the season."
• De’Jon Harris, LB, 6-2, 230, Marrero, La., John Ehret – “I think last night’s win is the spark of this season like last year. I think this will built confidence and some great things will happen.”
• Alexy Jean-Baptiste, LB, 6-1, 200, Pompano Beach, Fla., Coconut Creek – “It was a great win I knew that the boys had it in them to win that game and now it's time for the boys to go back to practice and get ready for Alabama.”
• Briston Guirdy, DL, 6-2, 270, Metairie, La., Archbishop Rummel – “It was great to see them get a Win on the road versus a hungry football team. They finished the game, played four full quarters.”
• Cole Kelley, QB, 6-5, 240, Lafayette, La., Catholic Tuerlings - "It was a hard-fought win that they needed. I think they played in all three phases of the game."
Other uncommitted recuits:
• Jordan Carmouche, LB, 6-2, 230, Manvel, Texas - "It was a great win and a win that was much needed."
• Devin White, TB, 6-2, 260, Springhill, La. - He tweeted about his prediction of an Arkansas win.