As one might have expected, Arkansas commitments and recruiting targets were thrilled by the Razorbacks’ 54-46 win over Auburn in four overtimes on Saturday afternoon.
That included Razorback fullback pledge and Columbia, Mo., Rock Bridge standout Hayden Johnson, who was on hand for the game.
“The atmosphere was a big thing that stood out for me,” Johnson said. “The fans were extremely excited and supportive throughout the entirety of the game.
“Also, the resilience of Arkansas was very impressive. It was a big win for them.”
Arkansas linebacker commit Alexy Jean-Baptiste, whose official visit continues through late Sunday, summed it up.
“That’s the best game I have ever been to,” Jean-Baptiste said after the exciting ending.
Here are some reactions from other Arkansas commits, many of whom tweeted well wishes to injured Arkansas tailback Rawleigh Williams:
• T.J. Hammonds, TB-WR, Pulaski Robinson: “I thought it was great to see them grind out a good SEC win. Very exciting. Great to see guys making plays all over the field. Overtime wins like that show character. It was great to see.”
• Jake Heinrich, OL, Urbandale, Iowa: “That gamed was wild. I was impressed by the resiliency we displayed and was happy for the guys to get a big win at home. WPS!”
• Kofi Boateng, WR, Arlington, Texas, Lamar: “I didn’t get to watch because I was playing a game at the time, but I kept up with the game and watched the highlights from the game.
“Arkansas showed how resilient they are and how each player trusted the player next to them and when it came down to the big play moments, everybody did their job and came away with the victory.”
• McTelvin Agim, DE, Hope: “The team kept fighting.”
• Grayson Gunter, TE, Madison, Miss., Central: “It was very exciting game and fun to watch. Arkansas fought hard and never gave up and made big play after big play in overtime to win the game.”
Other Arkansas recruiting targets:
• Jordan Carmouche, LB, Manvel, Texas: “It was a great game and I could in all their players that they just refused to lose.”
• Devaughn Pennamon, TB, Manvel, Texas: “I love the fight in the team and the coaches on the play-calling in a close win.”
• Devin White, TB, Springhill, La., North Webster
Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE