Several of Arkansas’ 2016 commits and recruiting targets watched the Razorbacks’53-52 overtime win at Ole Miss on Saturday, but one clearly had the most interesting view of things.
That would be Madison, Miss., Central star and Arkansas tight end pledge Grayson Gunter, whose dad Bubba played outside linebacker for the Rebels in the late 1980s.
Gunter was on hand to see the game live and proudly wore a Razorback shirt while sitting in his family’s seats in the Ole Miss section.
“They loved it,” Gunter said of his dad and mom Donna. We were in the Ole Miss section going crazy.
“It was easy for me to cheer against Ole Miss knowing that I’m going to be at Arkansas next year and that is my future team,” Gunter said. “I’m all in. Wore my Razorback shirt of course.”
Arkansas senior quarterback Brandon Allen – who was 33-of-45 passing for 442 yards and school-record six touchdowns and also had the game-winning two-point conversion in overtime.
“It was a very exciting game and very fun to watch. Arkansas fought hard and never gave up and made big play after big play in overtime to win the game.
“Brandon Allen played a great game. It was a great overall team effort. There were so many big plays that went Arkansas’ way that helped them get a win.”
• • •
• • •
Reaction for other Arkansas recruits and targets:
• Jake Heinrich, OL, Urbandale, Iowa – “I love this team. I’m so excited for the guys. They battle no matter what and always play hard.”
• T.J. Hammonds, ATH, Pulaski Robinson – “It was exciting to see and BA put in work. The offense moved the ball and made big plays when it was needed. I loved it. Also it was a great play by Hunter.”
• McTelvin Agim, DE, Hope - “Good road win. Matching scores with good offense. Wins like this make it feel oh so much better to be a Hog.”
• Cole Kelly, QB, Lafayette, La., Tuerlings Catholic - “BA was on fire. Offense executed beautifully the whole game.”
• Alexy Jean-Baptiste, LB, Pompano Beach, Fla. Coconut Beach- “I watched the whole game. Itw a big-time playing by Alex (Collins) and BA. And that’s what big name player do when their team needs it.”
• Austin Capps, DL, Star City - “Great game to watch.”
• De’Jon Harris, LB, Marrero, La., John Ehret – “Very impressed how the team is playing with all the injuries, Good to see they can win in overtime.”
• Jordan Jones, WR, Smackover - "Crazy. I still don't believe what happened."
Kofi Boateng , WR, Arlington, (Texas) Lamar - "It was a good game from both of the teams, but Arkansas showed what it means to never give up end no matter what."
• • •
A couple of Fayetteville juniors also were impressed:
• Taylor Powell, QB, Fayetteville – “Loved seeing them relying on the QB down the stretch and the passing game was awesome to watch. Really cool game to watch.
“As a (fellow) quarterback and a good friend of his, nothing better.”
• Akial Byers, DL, Fayetteville – “The pitch back by Henry was crazy. Great game for the Razorbacks. Beating Ole Miss two years in a row is a great accomplishment made by the Razorbacks.”