- The win over Army was Air Force's eighth in the row over the Cadets. Air Force has now won 15 of the last 16 against Army.
- Army is now 9-9 versus Air Force at Michie Stadium.
- Army can still earn a share of the CIC Trophy by defeating Navy.
- Running back Carlton Jones 213 yard rushing effort gives him 1,057 for the season. It was his second 200-yard game of the season.
- Quarterback Zac Dahman has now passed for 1,108 yards and 5 touchdowns this season. He has 4,120 yards passing for his career at Army (4th all time).
- Army continues to rank dead last (117th) in Division I-A total defense (504 ypg), and 110th in scoring defense (35 ppg).
- Army has climbed to 20th nationally in rushing offense. The Cadets are rushing for an average of 199.5 yards per game.
- Greg Washington had 19 tackles vs Air Force, most of his career.
- Despite Saturday's loss, Army Head Coach Bobby Ross sees improvement. After the game he had these comments, "We'll have to move on. We're building a program and it's going to take time. We're making improvements, I think we're making good improvements, but there's a lot yet to be done. For one thing, it gave me an opportunity to evaluate our talent level to their talent level. That I did see for the first time and we've got some work to do. I thought our kids played very hard, and overall played reasonably well."
- Air Force Head Coach Fisher DeBerry had complimentary comments to make about the Black Knights: "Army has a good offensive football team and they had me as concerned as any team we've played this year, offensively. I salute coach Bobby Ross and his staff for the tremendous job they've done getting their team to believe and also getting their team to where they can score points. We saw what [Carlton] Jones was capable of on the third play of the game. He also made some big plays in the second quarter."
- Army next travels to Tulane. Tulane has shown much improvement since the beginning of the season. After losing 4 of their first 5 games, the Green Wave is now 3-5 and defeated Navy 42-10 in the Superdome on Saturday.
Join Army fans world wide on the ArmySports.com Message Boards. Please visit the link below to join us:
Carlton Jones rushed for 213 yards against Air Force (AP/ Tim Rosk).
Air Force Game Notebook
ArmySports.com Top Stories
The Army Season So FarThe Army Black Knights have a bye this Saturday and can rest up and watch the rest of the country play college football for a change.
ArmySports.comThursday at 1:54 PM
Army: The Lesson-Free LossSportswriters, talk-show hosts, TV pundits, everyone in between, it doesn't matter: People who write or talk about sports for a living want to assign some meaning to the game they…
ArmySports.comTuesday at 10:59 PM
Army Report Card: BuffaloIt was a tough and frustrating loss for the Black Knights as they dominated for large periods without ever scoring enough points to pull away from the Bulls. With a bye week to…
ArmySports.comTuesday at 12:35 PM
Three Keys Revisited: Army at BuffaloIt was a frustrating game in many ways because even after the lost Army will believe they are a better team than the Bulls and that this is a game the team should have won. Instead…
ArmySports.comMonday at 3:11 PM