- The win over Army was Air Force's eighth in the row over the Cadets. Air Force has now won 15 of the last 16 against Army.
- Army is now 9-9 versus Air Force at Michie Stadium.
- Army can still earn a share of the CIC Trophy by defeating Navy.
- Running back Carlton Jones 213 yard rushing effort gives him 1,057 for the season. It was his second 200-yard game of the season.
- Quarterback Zac Dahman has now passed for 1,108 yards and 5 touchdowns this season. He has 4,120 yards passing for his career at Army (4th all time).
- Army continues to rank dead last (117th) in Division I-A total defense (504 ypg), and 110th in scoring defense (35 ppg).
- Army has climbed to 20th nationally in rushing offense. The Cadets are rushing for an average of 199.5 yards per game.
- Greg Washington had 19 tackles vs Air Force, most of his career.
- Despite Saturday's loss, Army Head Coach Bobby Ross sees improvement. After the game he had these comments, "We'll have to move on. We're building a program and it's going to take time. We're making improvements, I think we're making good improvements, but there's a lot yet to be done. For one thing, it gave me an opportunity to evaluate our talent level to their talent level. That I did see for the first time and we've got some work to do. I thought our kids played very hard, and overall played reasonably well."
- Air Force Head Coach Fisher DeBerry had complimentary comments to make about the Black Knights: "Army has a good offensive football team and they had me as concerned as any team we've played this year, offensively. I salute coach Bobby Ross and his staff for the tremendous job they've done getting their team to believe and also getting their team to where they can score points. We saw what [Carlton] Jones was capable of on the third play of the game. He also made some big plays in the second quarter."
- Army next travels to Tulane. Tulane has shown much improvement since the beginning of the season. After losing 4 of their first 5 games, the Green Wave is now 3-5 and defeated Navy 42-10 in the Superdome on Saturday.
Join Army fans world wide on the ArmySports.com Message Boards. Please visit the link below to join us:
Carlton Jones rushed for 213 yards against Air Force (AP/ Tim Rosk).
Air Force Game Notebook
InsideArmySports.com Top Stories
Wake impresses BoboThree-star wideout Jake Bobo had an entertaining weekend in North Carolina, visiting Wake Forest and Duke.
Demon Deacon Digest8:13 PM
Toledo Offers Several 2018 ProspectsAs expected, the Toledo Rockets are busy in the 2018 recruiting class. Over the past week, the Rockets have extended offers to several intriguing prospects. We take a look at them.
Rocket Digest9:39 AM
Can Schools Pry RB Scott From Syracuse?Syracuse (N.Y.) Christian Brothers running back Stevie Scott is adding offers, but how long will his recruitment last?
Scout FootballThursday at 11:13 AM
Pac-12 Offer Starts Things for JohnsonModesto (Calif.) Downey athlete Isaiah Johnson landed his first offer, from a Pac-12 school, and he's hoping that kick-starts his recruitment...
Scout FootballWednesday at 6:45 PM
Four-star TE Ford fielding lots of interestFour-star Carterville (Ill.) tight end Luke Ford continues to see his offer list grow and a couple of big time programs who could add to that offer list are in contact.
Scout FootballWednesday at 4:10 AM