2. Pure beauty: Can anyone else think of a better place to spend a crisp fall Saturday than Michie Stadium. It really doesn't get any better than that. The tailgating, the foliage, the views, Lusk Reservoir, the Corps of Cadets. The view will be a nicer with a few Army wins.
3. Another shot at Air Force: We beat them in Colorado Springs two years ago and we can beat them again. Who wants to wait another 20-something years for a win at Air Force, anyway. And we don't want to hear any predictions from Shaun Carney.
4. Beat Navy: It's about time. Let's get this straight: We aren't making any predictions here. We don't want to add any fuel to Navy's fire. The Midshipmen have beaten Army five years in a row by a combined score of 202-68. Still, we can hope for a win.
5. Stan's first stand: We've bantered back and forth about Stan Brock's hiring went down in January. Most people on this board think it's a bad call, after all, he's never even been a coordinator on the Division I level. But this is his chance to shine. Show us what you got, Stan.
6. H-e-e-e-e-e-r-e's Carson: The kid deserves a mulligan for last year and we will keep off his back this year. He's only a sophomore, but like Brock, he has to show us something. And here is what we are looking forward to: Williams will show us something.
8. The Rutgers game: It's not every day a Heisman Trophy candidate, like Rutgers running back Ray Rice, comes to Michie. Even better, it's not every day we stuff a guy like Rice.
9. The super safeties: Campbell and Murray stalking in Army's secondary, making plays, making hits, intimidating opponents. They were supposed to be special last year, but both missed time due to injuries, and rarely played together.
10. Mr. Wrinkles: The new offensive coordinator Tim Walsh, AKA Mr. Wrinkles, promises, well, new wrinkles. We are dying to see what he breaks out because we all know this offense needs a jolt. Good luck, Tim!