The Bulldogs took the doubles point and closed out the match with three singles victories vs. the 23rd-ranked Tigers who had defeated UNC-Wilmington 4-1 in the opening round of the tournament.
"We had our chances at one and two in doubles," Auburn coach Eric Shore said. "We were in there and they played well at three.
"Coming out in singles, I felt like at the top three courts we were battling hard," Shore said. "We had some youth in the bottom three courts and it showed a little bit today. They played well and they deserved to win it. It was a tough way to end."
The Bulldogs took the two and three doubles matches to start the action winning 8-1 at three and 8-6 at two.
While the team part of the season is completed, Tim Puetz will represent the Tigers in singles play in the NCAA Tournament and he will team with Daniel Cochrane to play doubles in the NCAA event May 25-30 in Palo Alto, Calif. Puetz, a senior, reached the singles semi-finals last season.
The Tigers finished with a 16-10 record while Georgia improved to 22-5.
1. Wil Spencer (UGA) vs. Tim Puetz (AU) 4-6, 5-4, unfinished
2. Javier Garrapiz (UGA) vs. Alex Stamchev (AU) 7-5, unfinished
3. Sadio Doumbia (UGA) vs. Andreas Mies (AU) 6-4, 4-1, unfinished
4. Drake Bernstein (UGA) def. Daniel Cochrane (AU) 6-0, 6-4
5. Ignacio Taboada (UGA) def. Rafael Rondino (AU) 6-3, 6-4
6. Hernus Pieters (UGA) def. Michael Wardell (AU) 6-2, 6-1
1. Javier Garrapiz/Hernus Pieters (UGA) vs. Tim Puetz/Daniel Cochrane (AU) 8-8, unfinished
2. Sadio Doumbia/Ignacio Taboada (UGA) def. Andreas Mies/Alex Stamchev (AUB) 8-6
3. Wil Spencer/Drake Bernstein (UGA) def. Lucas Lopasso/Rafael Rondino (AU) 8-1