1. What has been the biggest reason for the 2-4 start this season for the Razorbacks after coming into the year with so much momentum following the strong finish a year ago?
It appears that Arkansas was so insistent on establishing a passing game - and thus a balanced offense - with new OC Dan Enos that it overcorrected during both spring practice and preseason camp. Lots of emphasis on throwing the ball, nit as much as on being physical in the trenches.
Beginning with the Texas A&M game, the Razorbacks got back to going north and south in their run game and getting back to their DNA. Also the defense has improved tremendously from game one until now
2. How much better is Brandon Allen at this point in his career than the guy Auburn saw to open the season in 2014 and why is that?
Brandon Allen is a much better quarterback than last year in terms of footwork, production and arm strength. He is having a great year stat-wise. But Arkansas fans are still waiting for him to make that game-winning throw to win a game. That is the last notch on his belt. He's had a couple of times to do that this season and has not succeeded in doing so.
3. This Arkansas defense continues to play very well against the run. Why have they continued to be so successful when other teams (including Auburn) are having problems slowing down the running game?
Defensive coordinator Robb Smith has done a great job the last two seasons in working through what he has to work with and putting them in the right spots. As they have gained experience, they have flourished I'm most aspects.
4. Who is a player that Auburn fans might not know much about going into Saturday's game that could have a huge impact for the Razorbacks?
Everyone knows about tailback Alex Collins and tight end Hunter Henry, but true freshman tailback Rawleigh Williams - who had 100 yards rushing against Tennessee - and junior college wideout Dominique Reed are the ones beginning to really come home. Reed is the fastest Razorback and has gotten loose the last two games for a 33-yard TD pass against Tennessee and a 54-yard one against Alabama where he showed his speed and elusiveness.
5. How important is this game in the grand scheme of things for the Arkansas faithful? With Gus Malzahn, Rhett Lashlee and Tim Horton all at Auburn there's definitely some hype once again to this one. What would a win mean for Bret Bielema moving forward?
The biggest thing is it would get Arkansas to 3-4 with a chance to get to .500 with Tennessee-Mertin the next week. Most Arkansans have great respect for Coach Malzahn, Coach Lashlee and especially Coach Horton. But there doesn't seem to be any love lost between the two head coaches and that adds to the color of the match-up