*With Lee Ziemba only taking part in one-on-one drills after missing Wednesday with a bruised knee and Jason Bosley out with a twisted back, the offensive tackle position had a make over on Thursday with Mike Berry and Andrew McCain working with the first team and Ryan Pugh at center. With the second team both Jared Cooper and Bart Eddins got a look at tackle just in case of an emergency.
*Quarterback Kodi Burns was very pleased with the offensive output on Thursday and said he likes the way the unit is coming together through just six practice days. Burns made several nice throws on the day and continues to improve with his accuracy. He said his footwork and confidence have improved with every passing day, something he didn't have at the end of last season.
* At the end of the morning practice the Tigers did a brief 11 on 11 non-tackling session. Near the beginning of it, Jerraud Powers stepped in front of a curl route thrown by Kodi Burns for an interception.
* With the offense near the goal line, Brad Lester attempted a halfback pass into the end zone for Rod Smith. It was also picked off by Powers. That ended the morning practice.
* Tony Franklin said after practice that the QB battle between Kodi Burns and Chris Todd is a good problem because both are doing so well. He said something along the lines of "I've had a lot of problems in my life, but this has been one of the good ones."
* Franklin said before preseason that Chris Slaughter would be "an added bonus" if he contributes. If the first six days are any indication then the offense will get that added bonus.
* The receivers struggled with some drops this morning, but Franklin says overall with the receivers he can see an improvement from the spring.
*Jason Bosley (strained back) missed practice this morning so Ryan Pugh worked as the No. 1 center. Pugh says he expects Bosley to be back soon.
*Pugh says he is seeing improvement for junior tackle Andrew McCain who he says has a "sense of urgency."
*Gabe McKenzie had another good day catching balls in the full pads practice, the first of two-a-days. The 4:15 p.m. practice will be in shorts.
*Eric Smith, the freshman, had a good day running the football.
*Scouts from the Patriots, Colts, Texans and Dallas Cowboys watched practice this morning.